Which model ECU should I use for a 3sgte gen4 from a Caldina st215

Simon2021

Which model ECU should I use in a 7th gen Toyota Celica with a 3sgte gen4 from a Caldina st215. Turbo and intercooler upgrade, goal 400hp over time not now. Pretty much stock. Pretty new to this guys, you can give me 2 options with benefits and disadvantage of each and I can choose from there. Thanks much.

The wiring you do with the engine installation is going to make a difference in how you might go about this.  If you plan to make the engine possible to run on a stock Gen4 ecu, you'll need to adapt something to those OEM plugs.  If you plan to do a custom engine harness, a wire-in ecu direct wired to the harness would make more sense.  How you plan to run the motor then makes a big difference in what available options you have being that the more inputs/outputs you may require, the more expensive the ecus get.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Simon, we have a ST205 GT4 Celica currently running on a G4X Extreme Plug-in (part no TST205X). The engine has developed either a crack in the block or a head gasket issue, so we are going to be putting a ST215 engine in. I have looked at all the I/O channels required and either the wire-in Extreme G4X or the plug-in TST205X has more than enough to run the engine plus any extras you might need.

• 2 years later...

Ignition 1-4 outputs are available on the main header and so with some re-pinning it will have no issue controlling Caldina coils (I had caldina gtt coils on my gen2 3sgte for a while). G4X also supports ignition and injection reallocation these days so you could use ignition 5-8 or any set of 4 ignition drives as desired.