Digital binary to usable table values.

Coolbeans007

I was going to convert the analog output from the sensor to a digital output with a simple analog to digital conversion. Wouldn’t this convert the value coming from the sensor to binary? I don’t think I would have a usable table with binary.

Edit: It really sucks too because I already have my Monsoon X with only 4 an inputs which are being used. My harness builder said I could drop my fuel pressure sensor for the meth pressure sensor but that could be dangerous if my fuel setup breaks.  

I would love to convert it to CAN but I’ve heard the CAN stream can’t handle much at all. 

Im running a few CAN devices including a Motec PDM, Digital Dash, CAN shift light and a Motec CAN keypad. I don’t wanna risk spotty frame delivery with the CAN stream so I didn’t want to add to many devices. If you think CAN would be the best option then i’ll make that work:)

Still not clear what you mean by Binary.  If you mean raw binary then you would need 8 digital inputs just to get 8 bit resolution from a single analog signal.  

You would be better to use an analog to frequency, analog to pwm or analog to CAN converter. 

21 hours ago, Adamw said:

Still not clear what you mean by Binary.  If you mean raw binary then you would need 8 digital inputs just to get 8 bit resolution from a single analog signal.  

You would be better to use an analog to frequency, analog to pwm or analog to CAN converter. 

If I use an analog to CAN converter the values I get will go into a virtual analog for the ECU to get data from right? Also are there any limits to the CAN stream such as IDs? I’ve heard that you can only have 8 things on Link’s CAN bus.

There is a max of 100 parameters in custom CAN streams.  Preconfigured streams such as the generic dash stream which outputs ~50 common parameters are not counted in that limit.  You have 10 CAN "channels" which are usually used 1 per device - some devices that send and receive will need 2 channels.  These limits are just to minimise the processing required, it is not due to any restriction in the CAN bus bandwidth.  At 1Mbit/s you can send a ton of data.  

There are 8 generic CAN analog inputs that you would use for stuff like the Meth pressure sensor (note it is generally preferable to use flow as a meth safety rather than pressure).  If you already have all those devices then you could just connect your pressure sensor to the dash or PDM and send it to the ECU via CAN.