Link CAN Lambda - not reading AFR

r33lew

I've noticed whilst analysing my log file as my car wont start properly / idle / rev up, that my Lambda AFR is reading 0.00 all the time.

ill attach a log file of my car barely ticking :'(

I've noticed the battery voltage is low, but could this be due to it idling so low?

my map is running closed loop lambda, could this incorrect reading be causing it not to run?

PC Datalog - nrl pm.llgx

A few observations about your log.
1. Your base idle position seem to low to reach target idle - and engine stalls once idle startup offset begins to decay
2. Your CAN Lambda is having error 34 at 0:13. Check the connection of your LSU4.9 sensor to CAN lambda.

The following are really not yet relevant but will later on affect how the engine runs:
1. CLL ECT lockout is too low. Put 70°С to 75°C --- if this is too low, CLL would conflict with warmup enrichments.
2. CLL Startup timer too low. Put 30s. --- CAN Lambda need time to heat up and stabilize.

16 hours ago, essb00 said:

1. Your base idle position seem to low to reach target idle - and engine stalls once idle startup offset begins to decay
2. Your CAN Lambda is having error 34 at 0:13. Check the connection of your LSU4.9 sensor to CAN lambda.

The following are really not yet relevant but will later on affect how the engine runs:
1. CLL ECT lockout is too low. Put 70°С to 75°C --- if this is too low, CLL would conflict with warmup enrichments.
2. CLL Startup timer too low. Put 30s. --- CAN Lambda need time to heat up and stabilize.

thanks for your reply, all connections are checked on the CAN lambda, so im thinking maybe a bad sensor / module.

ill attach my base map that i was using at the time, all the idle settings were left as they are in provided start up file for my car (R33 GTR)

R33 GTR - 30-12.pclx

I actually opened the tune file from one of your previous posts - which has similar parameters set I mentioned with this latest one you have.

The time you had your engine running on the log barely had the CAN lambda heating - and then engine stalled.

The idle settings on the start-up map is only sort of a basis - you need to also have the idle parameters tuned to your engine.
Follow the open loop idle ISC tuning in the help file - then if you already had the idle near the target, by then you can use closed loop ISC.

I struggle to believe that the idle settings are my issue,

As soon as I touch the throttle even slightly, the engine dies.

Surely this would eliminate anything the idle controls would have control over (air) being the issue.

Now I'm not saying these settings wont need adjusting to aid idle, but I feel as if I was to chase a good idle with settings I would only be, if I could, covering up other issue.

As always, I could be wrong...

22 hours ago, essb00 said:

I've found after looking through all my logs, now I know how to see lambda faults, that I'm getting several lambda errors, 2, 16, 26, 34, 48.

has anyone seen this before? checked all connections and they are fine. Using a CANJST Link cable, so is all plug and play.

Error 16 and 26 are usually a strong indication of a power supply issue.  I suggest running the CAN lambda relay direct from battery if you can, otherwise try fitting the capacitor as per the alternative diagram.  

Having said that, the CAN lambda errors will not affect the tune or the way it runs.  Has this thing been tuned and run ok previously?  The map looks like a mess.  

Adam, I spent some time trying to work on a map that was initially sent to me buy my tuner, after many days of changing and tweaking to the advice of you guys, I decided to start over and create a simplified map, based on your 'base maps' with settings changed that I thought was necessary, I've not yet loaded the map in and attempted a start, as I'm trying to correct potential issues I'm finding in my logs such as the lambda errors and low battery voltage.

I would be extremely grateful if you could take a look at the file and see if you think it would work.. I literally just want to do 2 or three heat cycles, before mapping. One main thing I changed is the fuelling is traditional, just thought it would keep things simple. I've taken the injector data from ASNU's website.

this is a list I made for my tuner, I know its mostly unnecessary...

·         2.6L stock stroke crank

·         ACL conrod and main shells

·         PEC conrods

·         Wossner 86.5mm pistons OE compression ratio (8.5:1)

·         HKS 1.2mm head gasket

·         Lightly ported head with stock valve train

·         Tomei Type B Poncams

·         HKS adjustable cam wheels

·         Walton 50mm WG V-Band manifold

·         Precision 6266 V-band

·         Stock Inlet manifold retaining IAC / AAC

·         80mm intercooler pipework

·         Plazmaman 76mm intercooler

·         3.5 inch turbo back exhaust system

·         Turbosmart 50mm Wastegate to “screamer”

·         Turbosmart Race Port blow off valve

·         Turbosmart fuel pressure regulator

·         TI Automotive “Veyron” style fuel pump

·         Stock fuel lines and filter from tank to rail

·         HKS 11mm fuel rail

·         ASNU 1050cc injectors

·         Link G4x ECU

·         PRP Crank + Cam Triggers

·         R35 Coil Conversion

·         3 Port Boost solenoid

ECU Inputs…

·         Link can lambda ran through CAN 1 port

·         Fuel Pressure (KA Sensor 0-10bar) – AN Volt 2

·         Oil Pressure (Link Combined) - AN Volt 8

·         Oil Temp (Link Combined) – Temp Sensor 3

·         IAT Sensor (Haltech) – Temp Sensor 4

Honestly really would be grateful if you could take a look, this car is breaking me!

Nissan Skyline R33 GTR - Base map.pclx

I have just made a couple of small changes to the map, but it is not bad now it is back to traditional.  Master fuel will likely need a tweak to make it happy. 

Please check your MAP sensor calibration after loading, it was reading half what it should be when you last saved that map - assuming it come from the car?  

NissanSkylineR33GTR-Basemap V1.1.pclx

11 minutes ago, Ducie54 said:

I can remote login to help get idling latter tonight if your free. 

Using team viewer.

Man im really grateful for that, but its the middle of the nighy here all ready. Where are you based?

2 minutes ago, Adamw said:

I have just made a couple of small changes to the map, but it is not bad now it is back to traditional.  Master fuel will likely need a tweak to make it happy. 

Please check your MAP sensor calibration after loading, it was reading half what it should be when you last saved that map - assuming it come from the car?  

NissanSkylineR33GTR-Basemap V1.1.pclx 436.75 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks adam, very grateful!

I will fix what ive found and store this map file.

The map file has never left my laptop so is yet to be reading a map figure, but i will re-calibrate my TPS and MAP as a precaution anyway.

Hopefully i can report back with some good news!

14 minutes ago, Adamw said:

NissanSkylineR33GTR-Basemap V1.1.pclx 436.75 kB · 0 downloads

Also, when im tweeking 'master fuel' would you start from the set 5ms and go up in increments of 1ms? And just find where it is happier?