Link NGTR+ Plugin i/o maxxed

danamaniac

Hello, 

since the plug-in ecus use the xtreme top board, I should still have a couple more analogue inputs. 
obviously I’m aware of the risks etc but I would like instructions on where these are terminated on the top board. 
I’m going to make my own bottom pcb with all the I/o connected. 

cheers. 

Really, I own 6 link ecus, I need access to the unterminated inputs on a product that HAS them and you are not going to give me this information. So that basically now renders this ecu useless to me. I don’t see this as fair. Especially since I’m always telling people to get link over Harlech and have pushed quite alot of people to buy the link. 
good job. 

This was 2 years ago, car has progressed since then. This isn’t a fault of mine as a consumer. Link advertise their plugins as having all the features of an xtreme. 

Cobb did something similar to me once by not having access tuner available for Australians. I reverse engineered their hasp dongle protection and released accesstuner pro on the web for everybody. Shortly after, accesstuner was available for Australians. 

I’m sure link used to state on the old g4+ marketing materials that the plug-ins use the xtreme top board. Obviously I’m not going to find it on the link site these days but here’s and old dealer add. Now you can stop hijacking my thread and going off topic. So can I kindly ask that unless you can help me, or work for link. Please piss off your opinion is yours and I don’t care for it. 

E521EA71-6E4C-4AB1-B69D-9BE835842AD8.png

You have a plug-in ECU that is designed to work with the factory wiring and factory assigned pin functions.  There are two expansion ports to give more IO and on the GTR generally there are several other spare IO are available such as the MAF and O2 inputs.  We state the expansion IO that is available on the webpage for each specific plug-in ECU, and the plug-in ECU's are priced differently depending  on how much IO they have.  Ie a VR4 ECU is much cheaper than the WRX107 due to the IO available.  The ECU comparison chart here: https://linkecu.com/products/ecu-comparison-chart/ also states on the plug-ins not all IO is exposed.  

The reason we cant have end users messing with PCB's is the PCB design can have a massive influence on the the performance and functionality of the ECU and our reputation has been built on getting that right and that only happens with many years experience.  If for example you took your car to a tuner with your home designed PCB and the tuner found it had 20 deg of ignition scatter (due to say a DI track running beside a trigger track) - the first thing he is going to say is something like "This Link ECU has shit ignition control", it is Link that will get the blame and the reputation wiped out, not the inexperienced PCB designer or invalidated adapter board...  

If you need more IO you can use CAN bus or can return it to us for modification.  

No ecu manufacturer on the planet will give you internal schematics.  

You assume that I take my car to a tuner and am an amateur. I am an electronics engineer. If anything went wrong I wouldn’t cry, it’s my fault. 
However I do own this ecu, and on this comparison chart attached it does state the io. I have my oscilloscope and wave form generator on my desk ready to reverse engineer myself. I’d rather save the time and just be given this information. Out of principle I will post the pinout freely for anybody that wishes to make their own bottom board. 
I know this type of thing isn’t for everybody, but there are those of us that have different requirements. 
I design automotive electronics for a living and manufacture certain products for well known brands. 
I’d like to comment on what you said about the timing because of track layout. Yeah it’s bullshit. If that were true then all the di wires in my engine bay would need 50 layers of shielding from the emi thrown out by the secondary windings on ignition coils. I’m not asking for a schematic of a pcb. I’m asking for a pinout. 

8BB30AB0-45C0-4B4E-9446-9AA23074871F.jpeg