Tim D

Hi,

I successfully used Mixture Map in the past, but more recently, I used it but I set "CLL Pos Trim Limit" and "CLL Neg Trim Limit"  all to zero to effectively prevent Closed Loop Lambda corrections taking place (and upsetting the tuning process).

However, the results produced a pretty bad fuel table, so I reverted to setting CLL Lambda Mode to OFF.  This worked perfectly.

I'm puzzled why my first approach did not work if no corrections were taking place?

Any clues?

Thanks

Tim D - by any chance did you have the overrun fuel cut function enabled while tuning with the mixture map? Don't know if its related to your situation, but when I was using mixture map, I found that having the overrun fuel cut enabled would tend to skew my log data, and result in a veryinconsistent VE table when tuning with mixture map, even if I set conditional filters in the mixture map to ignore any data collected when the overrun fuel cut was active. So I only used mixture map with both the closed loop lambda and overrun fuel cut functions disabled.

Pete, great tip, thank you.  Like you, I have also tried using conditional filters for overrun fuel cut but found it much better to turn it off like you mentioned.  Maybe Lambda takes a while to stabilise after the overrun fuel cut has re-enbled?

The strange thing is, I've had great results from using mixture map in the past, so I think I need to do it again and scrutinise the datalog before accepting the corrections. 

I have seen 'flat lines' in my datalogs in the past where USB comms appear to momentarily freeze, maybe that was happening and I didn't spot it?