CAN Shifter Position to G4X Gear Postion

wastegate

Hi Guys,

Technically querie to see if there is a better way..

At the moment, I have a HGM Compushift Sport Transmission Controller that is sending J1939 CAN messages for Shifter Position, not much choice here.
The J1939 Shifter Position is being sent on a Single Byte 4 on ID 0x98FE4A03
Currently using an Arduino Leo to CAN Translate the J1939 CAN messages to Something usable with Link.
Eg
Read Buffer on that ID 0x98FE4A03, look for byte 4.
        if (GEARPOS == 0xfa){     //P
          GEARDISPLAY = 0x09;
         }

etc.. For all the gears, then send the buffer to the Link on ID 1500

byte LinkID1500[1] = {GEARDISPLAY};   // First Byte
CAN0.sendMsgBuf(0x05DC, 0, 8, LinkID1500);

This seems to work well enough, The G4X is showing shifter position correctly and even retransmitting it to the IC7 Dash.

However, is there anyway the advance G4X CAN and math channels to be able to do this simple conversion within PCLink? That way I can do away with the Arduino.

I think the easiest option will be if we allow the analog gear position source to be assigned to CAN and Math inputs.  I suspect that has only been left out as the gear pos input is generally a critical input that needs to be assessed at high speed for proper motorsport gearshift.  Ill ask Vaughan if there are any consequences in doing so.   

I dont see any easy way to handle this currently.  Vaughan says he should be able to change the analog gear detection source to allow CAN and math channels as inputs which would then make it easy.  So possibly in 6.22 release.  

• 3 months later...