Terminating the shielded trigger wires in Link A loom

UK Lee

HI Folks , I'm just after a bit of guidance regarding the termination of the (shielded) trigger wires on my Monsoon G4x please.
My Cosworth YB engine uses the Junior Power Timer type plugs on virtually all of its sensors and both the CPS & Phase sensors are the 2 pin type. 

My question is , what do I do with the bare 'shield' wire at the plug end ?  There's continuity across all 4 wires ( 2 x bare + 2 x white) and they all go back to the single green 'shielded ground' wire in my Link A Loom (Pin 7 on the ECU).

Should I join the bare shield wire to the white insulated wire at each plug terminal ?  or just cut them short and ignore them ?

Finally  (as a sanity check) the ground wire should always go to socket B in my JPT plug (see pic below) Correct ?

...and its the same story for all my other sensor and injectors with the Junior power timer plugs on the harness - Ground -ve wire always to the right when looking into the plug ?

Cheers

Lee

pins.jpg

Cut the drain wire off at the sensor end.  You only ever want the shield grounded at one end and in our looms it is grounded at the ecu end. 

There is no "set in stone" rule as to which cavity is ground, a specific manufacturer will usually stick with a convention but not always.  Best to consult a factory wiring diagram.  The plug housings should have a 1 and 2 marking the cavities.  The polarity only really matters for the cam/crank sensors, all solenoids, temp sensors and injectors dont matter.