Fuel level on powertune via CAN

ozyvr4

Hi there , I'm doing a Powertune Dash install on a mates GSR Lancer . I have wired the fuel sender to the the ECU and getting readings. I'm using GP ANV 1 and have set up basic table to start. 

I've searched the Generic Dash Stream under Stream 1 and found the GP Analogue under frame 10..I've selected fuel level as I have name that in the Link software. I can't get it to display. I've also tried AN 1 voltage but still nothing. 

I'm not efficient on the CAN info yet but am keen to learn. This is also my first powertune dash install but have friends that use them regularly so once data is available should able o work that out. 

I have added the tune file so if someone can help , it would be appreciated. 

Jeromes GSR.pclx

6 hours ago, ozyvr4 said:

Powertune actually have the setting listed on there website.

They only have an example for G4+ (uses different CAN scaling to G4X) on their website, much of that example is set up wrong, and it doesnt give any info about how the fuel level cal table was set up in the ecu which also effects the CAN output.  Hence my comment that scaling was unknown.  

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Richard Hainsworth said:

Hey bud can you expand on how you made it work and the difference between g4+ and g4x protocol. I’m struggling to get this sorted on my ek civic. Got it displaying fine on pclink as a % but even working in with powertune I can’t get it sorted.

Attach your tune.

• 7 months later...
18 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Looking at their doc I would say the frame ID needs to be 2 for the fuel level frame.  

gWNV3mi.png

Hi Adam, I've tried 0,1, and2. Unless I'm looking for the wrong parameter on the dash it's not showing up. No fuel level parameter ever shows up and I've tried analog6 on the dash.

I fixed this issue. I copied the settings stated in the manually exactly and wound-up choosing parameter "fuel tank level" on the dash and changing the units to %. It showed as 1% on the dash but the ecu was reading 12%, so I changed the multiplier in CAN setup from 1 to 10 and now my dash reads 12%. I think what confused me and a lot of people is they don't explicitly say your custom stream will show up under "fuel tank level". The ANV5 is a custom GP input so I didn't expect it link to the powertune "fuel tank level" because in Link it didn't have that "function" attached to it.