Stall Help

MarcusP

Everyone has been so great I appreciate it!!

Im working through some issues with this tune.  Can anyone tell me what Im missing.  I get a decel stall pretty often when driving and even in park on a rev.  What am I missing?  Ive played with the anti stall tables.

4 hours ago, essb00 said:

You nee to fix your idle ignition table. The values on the table are used as is - not as corrections from main ignition table.
Also increase your idle proportional gain.

Thank you!  Looks like the original tuner thought it was a correction table.  I know several other platforms use it as a correction table. 

Lots of problems in this map.  First and most importantly - dont ignore the warning that pops up everytime you connect to the ECU telling you not to drive the vehicle with the throttle in set-up mode.  There are no throttle safeties at all in this mode and it could be dangerous.  It needs to be in "ON" mode when driving. 

In terms of idle control, heres what needs to be fixed:

1. Most of the throttle opening required for idle should come from the E-throttle target table, the idle base position table should only have small corrections in it for temperature.  i.e if you need say 5.4% TP to idle when warm then you should have 5.0% in the top row of your E-throttle target table and only 0.4% in the idle base position table.  
  2. ISC Deadband should be around 40Rpm.
  3. ISC RPM lockout should be around 500RPM.
  4. AP/TP lockout should be around 0.5%.
  5. Set idle prop gain to 0.5 and antistall gain to 2.0 right across as a decent starting point.
  6. Idle Ign Control - Set RPM lockout to 2000RPM, TP/AP lockout to 0.5%.  Set idle ign table to something like example below.  Ideally you want the main ignition tables to have around 12deg in the approach to idle area also so the change between main ign and idle ign is more seemless.  

e5tDy9Y.png

17 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Lots of problems in this map.  First and most importantly - dont ignore the warning that pops up everytime you connect to the ECU telling you not to drive the vehicle with the throttle in set-up mode.  There are no throttle safeties at all in this mode and it could be dangerous.  It needs to be in "ON" mode when driving. 

In terms of idle control, heres what needs to be fixed:

1. Most of the throttle opening required for idle should come from the E-throttle target table, the idle base position table should only have small corrections in it for temperature.  i.e if you need say 5.4% TP to idle when warm then you should have 5.0% in the top row of your E-throttle target table and only 0.4% in the idle base position table.  
  2. ISC Deadband should be around 40Rpm.
  3. ISC RPM lockout should be around 500RPM.
  4. AP/TP lockout should be around 0.5%.
  5. Set idle prop gain to 0.5 and antistall gain to 2.0 right across as a decent starting point.
  6. Idle Ign Control - Set RPM lockout to 2000RPM, TP/AP lockout to 0.5%.  Set idle ign table to something like example below.  Ideally you want the main ignition tables to have around 12deg in the approach to idle area also so the change between main ign and idle ign is more seemless.  

e5tDy9Y.png

Unfortunately you can not run the ecu out of set up mode.  It will go into limp and limit throttle etc.  The only way it will work is in set up.  I wish there was a way around that but the original tuner and I can't find it.  

I will try the rest and report back.  Thank you for the input.

30 minutes ago, MarcusP said:

Unfortunately you can not run the ecu out of set up mode.  It will go into limp and limit throttle etc.  The only way it will work is in set up.  I wish there was a way around that but the original tuner and I can't find it.  

Attach a log of it in ON mode going into safety mode, the 3 error accumulators will tell you what the problem is.  

38 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Attach a log of it in ON mode going into safety mode, the 3 error accumulators will tell you what the problem is.  

I packing to leave town and not taking this one.  Ill do more testing next week and let you know.  Thank you again.

I did the changes that you recommended above, sitting in the shop it sounds better than it ever has so thank you!  Fingers crossed it stays good during testing.