Correct Wiring for AUX

senordos

Hi,

I'm wiring in some warning bulbs on dash of car and want to use the AUX Output on the ECU. 
I understand that these are grounds from the documentation... my question is, what voltage can they handle - do I need a resistor in place... I can't find a document in the help for this, so if there is one I'm happy to read that. 

I've attached a simplified diagram of how I think it works. Please let me know is this is right.

For info, I'm using a G4+ Fury.

Thanks!

circuit (1).png

Yeah, your basic schematic will work, but the 12V supply to the bulb needs to come from an Ign Switched source, not battery constant 12V.  The other option is to use Aux 5/6/7/8 which can do high side drive (output 12V), so then the other side of the bulb gets connected to gnd.  Bulb will need to draw less than 0.5A for HS mode.

That’s great!  Thanks both.

Vaughan: I did read that in the manual, but possibly due to lack of skill didn’t know is that meant I could send 12V into the aux without blowing anything up!

Adam: I’ll have a look at your alternative route too.

Thanks again for support!

2 minutes ago, senordos said:

Vaughan: I did read that in the manual, but possibly due to lack of skill didn’t know is that meant I could send 12V into the aux without blowing anything up!

yes you can have 12V on one side of the bulb and the aux on the other side of the bulb as long as the bulb uses less than 2A. Typical dash bulbs like the CE Light, oil light, cruise lights etc are fine.