New Firmware

MarcusP

4 minutes ago, Adamw said:

What ecu do you have?

Fury G4X

You sent me a beta firmware for the Polaris RZR and when I went to upgrade to the Firmware released today it had the same message, and I had done several days worth of power cycles and stores.  I just didn't realize the 6.22.7 had done the same thing.  I was getting a lot of connection errors 1019, the ecu would disconnect from the laptop during data logs, the Lambda sensor will drop randomly and the flex sensor dropped once.

Ok, I have only seen this when the power supply is missing and the ecu is being powered only via a backfeed through an aux.  Can you remove the ecu from the vehicle and power it up on the bench and give it another try.  It just needs +12V on pin A5 and Gnd on A34.

2 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Ok, I have only seen this when the power supply is missing and the ecu is being powered only via a backfeed through an aux.  Can you remove the ecu from the vehicle and power it up on the bench and give it another try.  It just needs +12V on pin A5 and Gnd on A34.

Yes Ill try that and let you know.  I have a relay sending power to the A5 pin, Ill verify its working..  Also intermittent when I key on the ECU does not respond, no fuel pump and no can signal to the dash.  If I key off and back on again everything is fine.  It only happens randomly and I can't duplicate it.

On 4/13/2022 at 2:11 PM, Adamw said:

I have the ecu on the bench. Tried a store and power cycle still in safe mode. I tried to reinstall the firmware did a store and power cycle and still in safe mode. Even after that pic where I reinstalled the firmware when I go back in its still in safe mode.. 

Ok, that is a very weird one and not something I have had happen before.  Can you try downloading PC Link 6.21 and install 6.21 firmware to see if the same problem occurs?  Note you can have both 6.21 and 6.22 installed on same PC, just name the install folder slightly different like "LINK G4X 621" or similar.

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

Ok, that is a very weird one and not something I have had happen before.  Can you try downloading PC Link 6.21 and install 6.21 firmware to see if the same problem occurs?  Note you can have both 6.21 and 6.22 installed on same PC, just name the install folder slightly different like "LINK G4X 621" or similar.

Okay so I went back to 6.21.14 and it’s in normal mode. Should I run it there or try and upgrade again?

Just re-reading your posts, I may have misunderstood your problem.  Can you confirm - only the firmware updater tool is saying that the ECU is in safe mode - but you can still actually connect to the ecu with PC Link and see the map, make adjustments etc?

1 minute ago, Adamw said:

Just re-reading your posts, I may have misunderstood your problem.  Can you confirm - only the firmware updater tool is saying that the ECU is in safe mode - but you can still actually connect to the ecu with PC Link and see the map, make adjustments etc?

Correct. The vehicle runs. I am getting random glitches like the O2 sensor and flex fuel sensor disconnecting. Otherwise I’d never know there was an issue unless I opened the firmware update tool

Ok, this looks like just a problem with the update tool reporting the wrong status.  I can reproduce the same message here.  The ECU wouldnt even connect if it was in safe mode and wouldnt run an engine.

The "random glitches" are not related to this.  Will need to see some logs to diagnose those.

Just now, Adamw said:

Ok, this looks like just a problem with the update tool reporting the wrong status.  I can reproduce the same message here.  The ECU wouldnt even connect if it was in safe mode and wouldnt run an engine.

The "random glitches" are not related to this.  Will need to see some logs to diagnose those.

Okay thank you.

On 4/13/2022 at 5:11 PM, Adamw said:

good day, hope i'm not hijacking the thread. any specific type of power supply needed to power the ecu on a bench, eg a minimum Amps requirement?

• 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, AIMEngineering said:

Same identical issue here:

Firmware update utility tells me that the ECU is in Safe Mode, but I can work on it and modify the parameters.

Randomly I receive the warning "Connection error: 1019 LINK_NOT_RESPONDING_CORRECTLY"

I get a bunch of error messages. It’s a 4 or 5 message rotation on mine. 

6 hours ago, AIMEngineering said:

Firmware update utility tells me that the ECU is in Safe Mode, but I can work on it and modify the parameters.

Yes as mentioned above this is a known problem at present, the updater tool is just reporting that mode status incorrectly.  If you can connect to the ecu normally with PC link and see live data etc then the ECU is in normal mode.