1.5jz not getting fuel or spark but has trigger signals

brandon.m.n

The trigger wheel on the crank is damaged.  There is an extra tooth missing just before the gap.  1JZ should be 36-2, your scope is showing 36-1-2.  I would say a tooth just in front of the gap is broken off.

You might be able to confirm by pulling the sensor out and looking in the hole if it is accessible, otherwise the front is going to need to come apart.  This is the tooth I reckon is broken (first pic I attached I marked the wrong side, I just updated pic) :

CxYQDmZ.png

IoFSe7y.png

8 hours ago, Adamw said:

The trigger wheel on the crank is damaged.  There is an extra tooth missing just before the gap.  1JZ should be 36-2, your scope is showing 36-1-2.  I would say a tooth just in front of the gap is broken off.

You might be able to confirm by pulling the sensor out and looking in the hole if it is accessible, otherwise the front is going to need to come apart.  This is the tooth I reckon is broken (first pic I attached I marked the wrong side, I just updated pic) :

CxYQDmZ.png

IoFSe7y.png

I’ll have to double check today, but I believe it may have been set that way just trying to see some life. And I’ll also check in there to see if any teeth are broken off 

8 hours ago, Vaughan said:

Have you calibrated the ignition timing?

I tried to use the link help feature for that and I couldn’t figure it out. 

5 hours ago, Adamw said:

Note you also need to use the 1JZ trigger mode, you shouldnt be using the generic missing tooth mode.  Of course it wont work until the trigger wheel is fixed though.  

Switched out the crank gear, set it back to the 1jz vvti setting. It fired up. Runs like shit but it finally had life. 

14 hours ago, Vaughan said:

Time to calibrate the ignition timing, which part were you having trouble with?

So it looks like he set the injectors to 15 or so if I remember right. So do I set the lock ignition to that as well? Then I use the offset to make it read that on the timing marks, and then I need to adjust the ignition delay to what number to start?

so given it does run that will make this process easier.

• Start the engine
  • connect PCLink
  • Navigate to Triggers -> Calibrate and open the 'Set Base Timing' window. When you open this window it will force the ignition timing to the value in the top box. You can adjust this value to suit whatever marks you have on your crank pulley. Don't forget to press enter after changing the value in the box.
  • Check the current ignition timing with a timing light on the crank and adjust the number in the 2nd box until the timing on the engine that the timing light is seeing matches the value in the top box. Don't forget to press enter after changing the value in the box.
  • Once the ignition timing matches you will need to adjust the delay. rev the engine up while watching the timing light strobes on the crank pulley and see if the timing drifts with higher engine speed, if the ignition timing does move away from it's mark at higher engine speeds then adjust the value in the 3rd box until it is consistent over the whole rev range. Don't forget to press enter after changing the value in the box.

2 hours ago, brandon.m.n said:

So it looks like he set the injectors to 15 or so if I remember right.

I assume you mean master fuel value not injection timing

2 hours ago, brandon.m.n said:

So do I set the lock ignition to that as well?

lock the ignition timing using the Set Base Timing window to an appropriate value that matches a mark on the crank pulley/cam belt cover.