Aux output relays

CSHENG

Greetings, so after i read through the samples for Aux relay switching, i made a mock up wiring diagram for my fan relay.

mind to have a look? if it was fine to run a relay control circuit without a fuse. Load circuit is fused .

the sample diagram attached below is how it will be wired up .

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-10 at 9.18.21 PM.jpeg

Please check in the Help at Wiring Information -> Output Wiring -> Auxiliary Output Wiring -> Wiring Auxiliary Outputs, and specifically the section "Avoiding Auxiliary Output Back-feeding"

If you're going to be using an Aux output, it's important to ensure that one side of the relay coil is only supplied with a switched feed, not a permanent feed.

30 = fused permanent feed from battery
87 = output to device (fan, etc)
86 = SWITCHED 12v feed - this should ONLY have power when ignition/main relay etc is switched on
85 = ECU Aux Output

8 hours ago, CSHENG said:

the sample diagram attached below is how it will be wired up .

The output drives to ground not to 12V so you will need an ignition switched power supply on 85 rather than a ground

Your wiring diagram isn't really complete. Not sure if we're to assume 85 is grounded, since the symbol isn't present. If it is, then you need to move 86 to an ignition like Vaughan said. If you continue to use Aux 4, then it's a ground input and 85 needs switched 14v. If your fused 14v source on pin 30 is switched, you can jump it over to 85 to simplify the wiring a bit.