Link CANGauge bit rate

superstockneo

I’ve recently gotten the LinkEcu version of the cangauge.

I’ve wired it up correctly with the gauge sitting at the end of the bus with the terminator in place.

In between the bus is a line connected to my instrument cluster which relies on 500k bitrate.

(Previously my cluster sits at the end of the bus, directly wired to the ecu canbus CAN2)

I cannot get either to work with the included instructions settings (transmit generic dash on channelX, ID56).  Is there any way to change the gauge to accept 500k?

When the gauge is connected and powered on, my cluster stops working. When I unplug the gauge, my cluster comes back to life.

I’ve also tried removing the terminating resistor on the gauge, it still won’t work and my cluster also won’t work as long as the gauge is powered on and connected.

Ecu is furyX. Currently using CAN2. 

Easy way would just be purchasing a ltw to dash connector and use CAN1 but I’m trying to avoid that for now. 

Thanks Adam.

Contacted gaugeart support. Although the gauge can be set at 500k, it's only available through the android app. But ideally they suggested that the gauge should run at 1mb and separate from the oem bus. So went ahead and bought a link candash cable instead. working well now. 

Question, transmit generic dash does transmit gear position from the help file but it doesn't seem to be displaying on the gauge. Is there any additional setting to it?

On 5/15/2022 at 4:37 AM, raediyusof said:

Question, transmit generic dash does transmit gear position from the help file but it doesn't seem to be displaying on the gauge. Is there any additional setting to it?

Are your gears showing up correctly in the ECU? The setup for gear detection is in Chassis and Body -> Gear Detection

• 1 month later...
On 5/15/2022 at 4:37 AM, raediyusof said:

looks like this was an issue in the gauge software and it appears to have been fixed in the latest update.

1 hour ago, Vaughan said:

looks like this was an issue in the gauge software and it appears to have been fixed in the latest update.

Thanks Vaughan. Do you mean the mobile app (ios/android)? I’m on ios. The app is a bit basic I don’t see options to upgrade the firmware etc. for the gauge. 

3 minutes ago, raediyusof said:

Thanks Vaughan. Do you mean the mobile app (ios/android)? I’m on ios. The app is a bit basic I don’t see options to upgrade the firmware etc. for the gauge. 

Yes the mobile app, I'm on Android and it is V2.1.7. Maybe give it a week or two if you can't see an IOS update yet.