CanBus for VDO instruments

Neanto

hi, i have the StormX and i have connected through canbus vdo instruments such as: water temp, oil temp/pressure and boost pressure.

VDO have their own software for setting the instrument parameters which i have already set for.

the problem is i cannot find any device when i search for the instruments. also, i dont have id's for the instruments.

any help here??

thank you

The “find devices” tool is only for Link devices and CAN keypads.  

The VDO gauges look like they are expecting J1939 or CANOpen messages.  The G4X will likely be able to generate some of these messages but they are large complicated standards and I don’t have a lot of exposure to either.  J1939 is often used in agricultural machinery and CANOpen is mostly used for industrial control systems.  
Can you share a link to the gauge software and I will see if it gives us any clues to help

That should have been correct as far as I can see.  

Can you try changing the sender source address to 254 in the gauges and use the 419360510 ID in the ecu.  

Where about's are you in the world? - would you be prepared to send us one to test?  

bPa3Lyt.png

Hi Adamw, i have tried what you send me but again nothing. I checked the cabling and seems fine. I even removed all the instruments and let only the ECT but again nothing. I havent added any termination resistor. Should i try and add ?

thank you