Can gauge configuration

James991

Hi,

Have a Haltech can gauge that I would like to setup in my monsoon x. Would like the following but may not be able to get all the channels as I understand?

Water Temp, Oil temp, Oil Prerssure, Can wideband Link, Fuel Pressure

Also am setting up ecu hold power function have wired it as per the help file and car still works as per normal but am not seeing a delay after it is switched off at the ignition switch. Ecu turns of as soon as the key is switched off. Any ideas on this?

The tune file is below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MnQbqJ8ATU6QO8cgUaJqwRkl5DETjVZA/view?usp=sharing

Thanks in advance

40 minutes ago, Adamw said:

You have 2 lambdas set up?  Is that correct?  Which one do you want sent to the gauge?  Or the average of the 2? 

Should be just the link can lambda and the can gauge. Had other channels active for dyno tuning.

It isn’t working at the moment. I have turned it all off since. Have played with the settings as per the link manual and haven’t had much luck. Did have it working at one point but seems to not work at all now.

17 minutes ago, James991 said:

It isn’t working at the moment. I have turned it all off since. Have played with the settings as per the link manual and haven’t had much luck. Did have it working at one point but seems to not work at all now.

I'm assuming you're using the 52mm CAN gauge (https://www.haltech.com/product/ht-061010-multi-function-can-gauge/)?

The Generic dash with a CAN ID of 56 should work, when configuring the gauge do you set it up as a Haltech gauge or as a Link Gauge in the phone app?

Just now, Vaughan said:

The Generic dash with a CAN ID of 56 should work, when configuring the gauge do you set it up as a Haltech gauge or as a Link Gauge in the phone app?

The Haltech gauge is locked to the Haltech protocol, it will need a few custom streams set up to duplicate the haltech messages for the channels he wants.  

24 minutes ago, James991 said:

t isn’t working at the moment. I have turned it all off since. Have played with the settings as per the link manual and haven’t had much luck.

Can you set up your CAN mode tab like below then go to the CAN devices tab and see if it finds a Lambda.  Suspect it maybe programmed as something other than Lambda 1.  

KPiE3ea.png

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

What is stream 1 for? (a modified generic dash stream), do you have a dash connected as well?

Do you happen to know what lambda controller the dyno had?  Im wondering if maybe it was running at a different speed so he has reprogramed the CAN lambda to run at some other speed.  Otherwise it should have been found.

You could try changing the bit rate to 250K & 500K and doing the "find devices" again to see if it is found.  You will have to hit apply after changing bit rate.  

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

Do you happen to know what lambda controller the dyno had?  Im wondering if maybe it was running at a different speed so he has reprogramed the CAN lambda to run at some other speed.  Otherwise it should have been found.

You could try changing the bit rate to 250K & 500K and doing the "find devices" again to see if it is found.  You will have to hit apply after changing bit rate.  

The dyno one is an m&w controller with a ntk sensor. Can try different speeds and see if it picks it up as I have not tried that yet.