Managing Attachments.

k4nnon

Hey all, Im a semi-new Link G4X user to this forum. Iv noticed iv reached my allowable attachment limit. Are we supposed to go back and delete posts or attachments as our questions are answered? I would like the ability to post up more log or map information for future help to myself as well as others, but i also dont want to have to go back and have to delete any good information or photos. What is everyone doing about this? 

Note: I was earlier advised to download a google drive and then add my logs or maps there and just use a shareable link. I can continue to do this with no issues, but just wanted to know if i can free up what is available already..

Thanks for any input..

Best to use google drive or one drive etc.  You can remove old attachments from old posts  but then they arent there for anyone in the future that has a similar question/problem.  

The reason the allowance is quite tight is forum hosts change based on number of vistors to the site and the total data storage.  And the data part is expensive.  So we give each user enough allowance to get started and learn their way around etc, then when they need more they can use one of the many other sharing options.

14 hours ago, Adamw said:

Best to use google drive or one drive etc.  You can remove old attachments from old posts  but then they arent there for anyone in the future that has a similar question/problem.  

The reason the allowance is quite tight is forum hosts change based on number of vistors to the site and the total data storage.  And the data part is expensive.  So we give each user enough allowance to get started and learn their way around etc, then when they need more they can use one of the many other sharing options.

Sounds good, Thanks Adam!