Subaru V7 with 2014 STI dual VVT heads

Warchild

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

Please do the trigger scope so I can confirm the set up.  Cranking or idle is fine.

OK, latest CAL file and Trigger scope.

Please double check what I have posted as to what sensors we used where NAD WHICH SIDE of the engine, we might have sensors wrong way around etc.

THANK YOU ADAM !!!!

latest 3 sept 2022.pclr trigger scope 3 sept 2022.llg

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

Please do the trigger scope so I can confirm the set up.  Cranking or idle is fine.

OK, latest CAL file and Trigger scope.

Please double check what I have posted as to what sensors we used where NAD WHICH SIDE of the engine, we might have sensors wrong way around etc.

THANK YOU ADAM !!!!

Ok, a few mistakes in there:

1. You have Aux 3 is set to Inlet RH, if im reading your notes above correctly I think this should be Exhaust LH.
  2. Aux 8 is set to Exhaust LH, above your note says it is wired to Exhaust RH.
  3.  Trigger 1 is set to optical/hall, this should be set to reluctor.  
  4. One or more of your DI's cam assignments are wrong too by the looks.  You have both trig 2 and DI1 set to LH inlet.  What cam is DI1 wired to? I assume one of the exhaust cams?  
  5. DI 2 I assume is RH Inlet?  If so the pull-up should be turned on since it is a hall sensor.  
  6. The exhaust cam DI's should have the pull-up turned off.  (DI4 is currently on).

For the offsets you need to run the cam angle test on each cam individually.  Instructions are in the help file.  Use a test pulse count of 3 when testing the inlet cams and a test pulse count of 2 when testing the exhaust.  The lowest absolute cam angle reported when doing the cam angle test is the value you enter for your offset.  G4+ ECU Tuning Functions > VVT Control > Tuning VVT Control > Cam Angle Test

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

Ok, a few mistakes in there:

1. You have Aux 3 is set to Inlet RH, if im reading your notes above correctly I think this should be Exhaust LH.
  2. Aux 8 is set to Exhaust LH, above your note says it is wired to Exhaust RH.
  3.  Trigger 1 is set to optical/hall, this should be set to reluctor.  
  4. One or more of your DI's cam assignments are wrong too by the looks.  You have both trig 2 and DI1 set to LH inlet.  What cam is DI1 wired to? I assume one of the exhaust cams?  
  5. DI 2 I assume is RH Inlet?  If so the pull-up should be turned on since it is a hall sensor.  
  6. The exhaust cam DI's should have the pull-up turned off.  (DI4 is currently on).

For the offsets you need to run the cam angle test on each cam individually.  Instructions are in the help file.  Use a test pulse count of 3 when testing the inlet cams and a test pulse count of 2 when testing the exhaust.  The lowest absolute cam angle reported when doing the cam angle test is the value you enter for your offset.  G4+ ECU Tuning Functions > VVT Control > Tuning VVT Control > Cam Angle Test

Please check if this is correct now please

Link ecu 3 sept upload.pclr

Hi Adam

I suspect the car has in issue with a Coil or injector, but I think 90% it is a dead coil or spark plug.

I see there is a built in Ignition test. HOw do I use that to test ?

Do I remove the coil pack and spark plug and hold it outside the engine, put ignition on and put ignition 1 to on. This will spark until I turn it of ?

1-4 correlates to cylinder 1-4 ?

Kindly confirm