V11 WRX trigger error

Jono-WRX

Hey. 

i have just put a v11 WRX g4x into my 2009 WRX sedan that was previously running a factory ecu. the car is basically stock with a few bolt ons. 

the previous ecu ran the car fine so i dont think its a mechanical issue, but i cant seem to get it to sync the triggers correctly. it is showing RPM in the pc link software but keeps counting trigger errors.

i also tried to scope it but cant seem to get a good reading for some reason 

i have attached what logs i could pull along with the tune file. ill trying charging the battery overnight and try again tomorrow afternoon after work.

wrx.llgx TriggerScopeLog (1).llgx TriggerScopeLogwrx.llgx John-Tune.pclx

It looks like your crank wheel is damaged, it has a tooth broken off or some other issue that affects its magnetisim.  

The subaru 36-2-2-2 crank wheel should have 16 teeth between the single gap and the double gap.  I have numbered yours, there is only 15.  Notice the spacing between 5 & 6 is bigger than the rest and the reluctor waveform where I have circled it kind of jumps up higher voltage than the adjacent teeth - I would say this is where the damaged broken/missing/damaged tooth is.

CBD4Au6.png

And just for your interest, below is the same section from another subaru scope that I had on my PC showing the correct 16 teeth.  

w6s1UEF.png