R32 GTR dual fuel pump wiring and AuX output use

GodzillaMF

Hello everyone,

I have a G4+ on my R32 GTR and about to use a secondary pump for my furthered E85 tune for fuel addition. I current have a pump hotwired with relay and will add a pump in tank with its own relay system.  I am asking for help on Aux output use and wiring for the Link to control the new secondary pump. 

Looking at what I have used the Aux 1 is in Eng fan , and Aux 2 is FP Speed. Most of the INj drivers are used for all 6 inj and inj7 ISC solenoid followed by inj8 Eng Fn. 

I just need help on if I can use AUX 9 or 11 to use as a GP output and control the pump with injector duty % >.  Using the link to control the pin on relay. 

I also have the one current pump hotwired relayed. So I don't use the factory FPCM on the R32. I need clarification on AuX 1 and AuX2 on linkecu if since I don't use the FPCM doesn't play anything when testing or it's because the FCPM IS NOT IN USE. 

I was to wire the secondary pump to AUX 1 and use that. 

44 minutes ago, GodzillaMF said:

I also have the one current pump hotwired relayed. So I don't use the factory FPCM on the R32. I need clarification on AuX 1 and AuX2 on linkecu if since I don't use the FPCM doesn't play anything when testing or it's because the FCPM IS NOT IN USE. 

Sorry I dont understand what you are asking here?  Originally the GTR used 3 auxes for the fuel pump, Aux 6 controlled the main relay, Aux1 & 2 were connected to the FPCM to command 3 different speeds.  If you dont want variable pump speed then you would bypass the FPCM so the fuel pump is connected directly to the main pump relay.  

2 hours ago, GodzillaMF said:

I have a G4+ on my R32 GTR and about to use a secondary pump for my furthered E85 tune for fuel addition. I current have a pump hotwired with relay and will add a pump in tank with its own relay system.  I am asking for help on Aux output use and wiring for the Link to control the new secondary pump.

Why dont you just switch both pumps on with the same aux?

There are Ign 7, Ign 8 & Aux 11 on the expansion connector that you could use also.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, reason why Iam asking about the FCPM is that I have the fuel pump hotwired with a Relay using the connection to tank. I don't see a change in FP speed since the FCPM isn't controlling Pump Voltage due to relay wired in. But yes you explained it on how it's wired as if now in your first reply. 

What I need help in is getting an another fuel pump wired and stage controlled for more fueling. 

AUX 6 - Fuel Pump I will be using that since the ECU been installed, that will be used for the main pump.  For my secondary pump, just have it switched on with the same AUX?  but how would I have it set/change conditions for it to be a staged pump.

The pumps are two different types, main pump would be a 450lph and the secondary 525lph.  Would thsi staging cause a fuel pressure problem when secondary pump kicks on if I GP OUTPUT cond it for InJ duty %

Thanks,  just need help with this.  

45 minutes ago, GodzillaMF said:

Should I turn off Aux 1 off it's also not doing anything 

You said in your first post you were using Aux 1 for the engine fan.  

46 minutes ago, GodzillaMF said:

Ok awesome thank you Adamw, but what feature on Aux2? GP output and set conditions.  Or??

Its really up to you.  It will be either GP output if you want on/off control or GP PWM if you want to ramp the 2nd pump in slowly.  Of course you will need a fuel pump controller or SSD if you want to do speed control.  I dont particularly like just on/off control of a 2nd pump as you get an initial spike and then a step up in pressure when you turn it on with makes tuning more difficult.  Typically when I need two pumps I just run them both together all the time, but I dont do a lot of high power stuff so dont have issues with regulation etc.