Vq35 hr engine

Amir

Hello,I doing wiring Nissan vq35 hr engine with link ecu Strom,

This engine is equipped with a vtc system and I would like a pinout map for starting
And the second question is that we have to use an external driver to start the coils or is it started directly with the ecu link.

image.png.a26aaa30b9bee5da24dfb81abcc75b12.png

Have you changed the electronic throttle to cable throttle?

Connect LH intake cam sensor to Trigger 2.  

Connect other 3 cam sensors to DI 1-3.  Assign them to the correct cam type in the software.

Connect VVT solenoids to any aux 1-8, assign the correct cam type in the software.  250Hz should work.  

VVT control set up needs to use the the User Defined mode, instructions for set up are in the help file.  

The ignition coils have ignitors built in as far as I know so can be connected direct to the ecu.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/23/2022 at 2:04 PM, Adamw said:

Have you changed the electronic throttle to cable throttle?

Connect LH intake cam sensor to Trigger 2.  

Connect other 3 cam sensors to DI 1-3.  Assign them to the correct cam type in the software.

Connect VVT solenoids to any aux 1-8, assign the correct cam type in the software.  250Hz should work.  

VVT control set up needs to use the the User Defined mode, instructions for set up are in the help file.  

The ignition coils have ignitors built in as far as I know so can be connected direct to the ecu.  

Hello 

I did the wiring according to this information

At the moment I need base map for start engine 

I used link ecu strom G4+ and I changed trottle to cable manual

Map attached.  Note the forum host is currently sometimes removing the file extension from attachments.  If you download this file and windows doesnt recognise it then make sure it has the .pclr on the end.  

Trigger offset may be around 0 or 142, try 0 first and check with a timing light, if you dont see the timing mark then try 142.  I cant remember if this triggermode  had the offset built in or not in the final version (test map was from testing with beta firmware).

VQ35HR.pclr

On 1/11/2023 at 12:10 AM, Adamw said:

Map attached.  Note the forum host is currently sometimes removing the file extension from attachments.  If you download this file and windows doesnt recognise it then make sure it has the .pclr on the end.  

Trigger offset may be around 0 or 142, try 0 first and check with a timing light, if you dont see the timing mark then try 142.  I cant remember if this triggermode  had the offset built in or not in the final version (test map was from testing with beta firmware).

VQ35HR.pclr 164.49 kB · 7 downloads

Hello 

Excuse me sir 

I still did not manage to turn on this engine

I was forced to install a separate trigger wheel on the crankshaft pulley

I installed a reluctor sensor

I did the wiring like this:

1):trigger 1 black 

2)trigger 1 white

3) shield ground

Trigger wheel is 60-2

now
When piston 1 is in tdc position
From the point of missing teeth to the sensor, there are 6 teeth in the clockwise direction
It means 60 degrees,I am sending you photos of the trigger adjustment tables. Please check and helping me,,According to this information, I should choose trigger offset 60 or enter ref,timing 60???Screenshot_2023-01-19-22-01-07-853_com_miui.gallery.thumb.jpg.253aea5c94175e2e9e1f0c12990a51bf.jpgScreenshot_2023-01-19-22-01-01-488_com_miui.gallery.thumb.jpg.e3c4077e24987d11bd3c162d56a346f5.jpg

Screenshot_2023-01-19-22-01-15-327_com.miui.gallery.jpg

2 hours ago, Amir said:

I was forced to install a separate trigger wheel on the crankshaft pulley

Why did you change the trigger?  It is going to be very difficult to make VVT work with a different crank pattern.  The stock VQ35HR trigger works perfectly fine.

2 hours ago, Amir said:

Trigger wheel is 60-2

now
When piston 1 is in tdc position
From the point of missing teeth to the sensor, there are 6 teeth in the clockwise direction
It means 60 degrees

6 teeth on a 60tooth wheel would be 36degs, not 60.   Your offset would be 36 or -324.

We have a few HR running on link Thunder G4+ to allow us to control the throttles

see attached photo's of triggers and cam control stuff

for any wiring questions follow this link

https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual?fsm=350Z%2FCoupe%2F2008+Coupe%2BRoadster%2FEC.pdf

all our car are FI , i can supply a tune if needed

LINK G4+ HR STUFF.png

LINK G4+ HR STUFF CAN STUFF.png