G4 GTS plugin trigger calibrate issues

cws_nz

Hi guys 

trying to get a customers RB25 setup  on a GTS plugin in an S14  , have everything setup and configured sensors all working ok.

got an odd issue trying to  trigger calibrate, It has a Yelsha D 24-1 trigger kit with reluctor sensor fitted on the cam, can turn ignition test on and spark confirmed working(VAG  short coils),  go to do trigger calibrate, cranking engine over, no  trigger errors and rpm displaying ok, fuel pump and idle valve kick in, but its not firing the coils when calibrate window open and locking to 10deg??, iv tested trigger pattern with my oscilloscope and looks good. (also  when I put a number in for offset it wont store?)

have noticed ecu  voltage is 9.8v when cranking , im going to re run a direct power feed/relay setup to  the battery to eliminate that as currently using s14 factory wiring. will try  updating firmware when I can get an internet connection at his workshop (im using latest version of pclink g4)

mitchell rb25 s14 installed.pcl

If its got realistic RPM and dwell, and no ignition cuts when cranking then the ecu is commanding a spark.  

2 hours ago, cws_nz said:

(also  when I put a number in for offset it wont store?)

Make sure you hit the enter key after typing the offset in.  It should turn blue to show its been changed.  The last car I done with one of these triggers on it the offset was 95.

2 hours ago, cws_nz said:

will try  updating firmware when I can get an internet connection at his workshop

You're already on the latest.

• 3 weeks later...

changed out some power supply wiring and got it running today on the original nissan opto 360 trigger,

looks like a machining issue with the yelsha wheel spigot not sitting true/flush into the RB cam sprocket was getting trigger ok green in status bar but no rpm and trigger error count increasing by 1 every time I stopped cranking it, didn't look like obvious change on the  scope trace but is a pretty basic scope meter i have 

even tried a different spacer on the VR sensor and was getting partial rpm signal but giving trigger errors as it dropped in and out as .

Rang and discussed with Simon on tech support and worked out that must be missing some teeth as the distance is changing and not seeing correct pattern (Thanks for the help  Simon)

image.jpeg