monsoonX startup problem

JcL

Hello everyone, I just finished my project, a fiat with a 1.2 8 valve engine with a turbocharger.

I have a problem with my moonsoonX I can't start the engine.

I explain a little my setup:

4 ignition coil one per cylinder , fuel injectors one per cylinder in size 240cc at 4bar fuel pressure.

-vr crank sensor in trigger 1 input.

-crank trigger wheel 60-2 cyl1 in tdc in tooth 17.

-hall cam sensor in trigger 2 input.

-cam trigger wheel 1 tooth.

-1 single tooth 40-50 degree before tdc cyl1 combustion stroke.

I adjust my ignition with my timing light at -94º offset and get my 10º timing aligned with the original flywheel mark.

It is the only point that I get that the brand concides.

the only thing I get is a very very slight explosion in the exhaust, but zero attempt to start...

attached basemap , log startup and log trigger scope.

Currently I feel stuck and I don't know where to act and I'm desperate, I appreciate any help you can offer me.

Thanks in advance

thanks adam for answering

I changed the offset to 266 degree and I can't start the engine...

in fact today I have not got any explosion in the exhaust neither in -94 nor in 266 degree.

I was playing with the master fuel (8-14-20ms) in case it wasn't enough fuel to start but nothing. My afr meter reads around 13afr.

Remove the entire fuel and put new fuel recently purchased. Checked the compression cylinder , it is in the expected 150psi.

New spark plugs and check the injectors and coils in test mode and all work correctly, each one in its output.

I don't know what to think or do anymore... could it be that the spark from the coils is too weak inside the cylinder? outside looks good.

the coils and injectors are wired like this..

IGN1 and INJ1 - CYL1.

IGN2 and INJ2 - CYL2.

IGN3 and INJ3  - CYL3.

IGN4 and INJ4 - CYL4.

Firing orden in pclink set 1-3-4-2.

I use a oem coil of this type, in falling spark edge mode.

the coil works fine and doesn't get hot.

I feel exhausted, I can't get anything...

thanks

ok understood. Since the coil is also used and I don't know what state it is in, I'm thinking of buying 4 independent coils.

Due to the little space available, I cannot mount pencil coils with igniter built-in, can I use 4 coils of this type? I think they have an integrated igniter and I get them fast and cheap here.

Tranks very much adam

IMG_20220910_144328.jpg

Vw 1.4 engine aex.

I was looking and for that engine the loose igniter is not sold and also in the photo I put before you can see the igniter in the lower part of the coil.

This coil is for an engine with a distributor, would it be too much to mount 4 one for each cylinder? Will they be falling or rising?

Thanks adam

Hi Adam,

Thank you so much for all the help, engine now starts and runs fine. However when I turn on the ignition after shutting the engine off there is a massive explosion. All four coils generate a spark at the same time when I turn on the ignition switch.

Any solution on this matter ??? it's very anoying..

I just checked your ECU serial number and there is a chance there is a hardware issue that is causing your spark at power up.  We made a hardware change when this was discovered and your ecu serial number is right around the number this change was made.  If you continue to have backfires at power up then contact [email protected] and they will arrange to get the ecu updated.  

On 9/12/2022 at 4:34 PM, JcL said:

Well, every time I put the ignition switch on, the 4 coils discharge a spark...

removing fuel from the fuel map 1, there is no longer an explosion when I put the ignition switch on again.

I've recently run into this issue when building the basemap for my 1.5jz i would have a single very loud backfire through the exhaust on key on. the solution to this problem was to have a ignition switch input to a Digital Input so the ecu knows when the key is on. and not having the ignition switch set to always on. it will also help with starting as the precrank prime feature can be set to while ignition switch is on. Just adding this input 100% solved this issue for me. i recommend using your DI3 input for this cause you dont have anything allocated to that yet.