Flat shift not working

Flint

Hi everyone!
There is a problem, flat shift is not activated.
Today I was looking through the logs, I noticed that I did not see the speed of the car, although the signal was set to GP Speed 1.
Driving / Driven Wheel Speed Source is off. Could this be the reason?
Does this mean I have to assign the Driving Wheel Speed Source to GP Speed 1?

Please check whether I have set the values in Gear Shift Control to melt.

Short vehicle specification: RB30 1000+HP, Gearbox Holinger dog sequential 6 speed, Holinger Shift Gear Knob, Electronic Throttle.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i0-SYPg5xV3NO0V5uCtNpYwTGEJowT8s/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S9mnShw4I_isydnQy086J5aBE4sSh5h3/view?usp=sharing

I would appreciate any help

19 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Yes, Speed Lockout seems to be the reason based on your logs. Speed source has not been defined in the "Chassis and body > Speed Sources > Setup" section.

Thanks Calvin!

I'll fix it

And what about other flat shift values, did I do everything right?

21.jpg

Since you have a proper motorsport gearbox I would suggest changing gear detection mode to analog position sensor.  That gives you good data for tuning gear shift and also gives you the ability to use barrel position for end of shift (closed loop shift). 

Can you do a short PC log of the car driving through all gears (using clutch) - you can do this just with the wheels jacked up off there ground if you cant drive the car on the road.   Attach that log and I will give you some much better settings to start with.

7 hours ago, Adamw said:

Since you have a proper motorsport gearbox I would suggest changing gear detection mode to analog position sensor.  That gives you good data for tuning gear shift and also gives you the ability to use barrel position for end of shift (closed loop shift). 

I would be happy to do a flat shift with feedback.

There is a gear position sensor. https://drive.google.com/file/d/14b9F_9OmxMteonP91DxC-wkApjr3fCqq/view?usp=sharing

But you need to make a resistance matrix for gears, what resistances are needed? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EDCIkpbZBKuAUapERbKWq-nvD54rrb-X/view?usp=sharing

There are 8 patches in the sensor, they correspond to R, N and 1-6 gears. From 1-6 it is clear what to do. With R and N I don’t understand yet how they can be connected and is it necessary? On a separate analog input? This is if I want to send a signal to the dashboard via CAN.

7 hours ago, Adamw said:

Can you do a short PC log of the car driving through all gears (using clutch) - you can do this just with the wheels jacked up off there ground if you cant drive the car on the road.   Attach that log and I will give you some much better settings to start with.

I'll definitely do it as soon as I'm in the garage, I'll write down the log with the wheels up.

I picked up the resistance to the output voltage:
1st gear = 430 ohms = 1.5V
2nd gear = 750 ohms = 2.15 V
3rd gear = 1.2K = 2.73V
4th gear = 2.2K= 3.45V
5th gear = 5.1K = 4.17V
6th gear = 15K = 4.67V

Do I need a 1K pull-up resistor between 5V and the gear position switch input?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TzwsuSVTLjR9mMh8fpxI6cVFxNL_1aSs/view?usp=sharing

Hollinger usually have a proper 0-5V potentiometer on the gear barrel.  That sensor is not going to be useful for gear shift control.  We can still do open loop shift cut but it is going to be difficult for you to tune with no gear position feed back.  

We have a conventional gear position switch with a slider in our gearbox. https://drive.google.com/file/d/14b9F_9OmxMteonP91DxC-wkApjr3fCqq/view?usp=sharing

So I made a resistance matrix like they do on motorcycles. On my transmission, the sensor slider is not isolated from the transmission housing. According to the scheme, it should come to the ground sensor. We'll have to take the usual ground. What does it threaten?

Cant you fit a proper potentiometer for gear position?  The Holinger would have had a potentiomer from the factory?   Without a potentiometer you can only use timed shift mode which works ok, but it means the driver needs to be very consistent with shift force and speed.  

On 9/18/2022 at 1:17 PM, Adamw said:

Cant you fit a proper potentiometer for gear position?  The Holinger would have had a potentiomer from the factory?   Without a potentiometer you can only use timed shift mode which works ok, but it means the driver needs to be very consistent with shift force and speed.  

Yes, I already ordered Novotechnik SP2801 308 000 001

On 9/19/2022 at 2:06 AM, Adamw said:

Sweet, that will do a much better job.  Do you still want me to help set up timed shift with the existing sensor or do you want to wait for the new sensor?

Yes, Adam, I want to make adjustments with the new sensor.  But for the sake of curiosity, I would look at the difference in settings)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2022 at 1:17 PM, Adamw said:

Cant you fit a proper potentiometer for gear position?  The Holinger would have had a potentiomer from the factory?   Without a potentiometer you can only use timed shift mode which works ok, but it means the driver needs to be very consistent with shift force and speed.  

The potentiometer is already close, I'll put it in its place.
Adam, could you share the flat-shift settings for this sensor?