G4X New Gearshift - RPM target calculatio

VtrSp1

@Adamw,

I need to shed some light on one aspect of the new features in Gearshift.
Just yesterday I got to do a tuning on a racing car equipped with an electronic paddleshift gearbox. The electronic paddleshift system has its own control unit that manages the electric actuator on the gearbox. In input to the Link G4X Xtreme I have the signals of the paddles so as to be able to manage the various shifting situations (cut, blip etc).
Tuning on the dyno was successful and everything works fine.
I just have a doubt about RPM Target Calculation.
On this car I don't have a speed sensor so the ECU cannot calculate the Gear Ratio from RPM / Speed.
So I selected Gear Ratio mode. It is reported in the instruction manual

Gear Ratio Only - Target Engine Speed for the next gear is calculated using the Gear Ratio Table. This calculation based on Engine Speed, current gear, direction of shift and then looking at the difference between the current and next gear ratio.

What should I enter in the Gear Ratio Table? The gearbox ratios?

49 minutes ago, VtrSp1 said:

The gearbox ratios?

Correct.  Or gearbox x final drive, either will work.  

If you plot RPM and gear shift RPM target on the same graph you will be able to see if it is being calculated correctly or not.  RPM should be close to target by the time the next gear is engaged.  

dSjygQm.png

21 minutes ago, VtrSp1 said:

i filled the Gear ratio table with the box ratio but i can't insert the real ratio, for example 0.857 , the table use 0.86 ..there is a software limitaion about this?

you could use gearbox ratio x10 (8.57) if you wanted, if it is only being used for finding the RPM of the next gear based on the previous gear then it is all relative