Link Thunder can info.

Gsab

Adam, I may have found a gearbox controller that would not necessitate me selling my Thunder.

One unknown though is that the throttle blips, engine revs sync. and engine speed need to be output to the controller and visa versa. All via Can. Is this something that the Thunder could do ? I am a Can vegetable so would not know.

The unit is CanTCU made by CANformance Engineering.

Your input here please.

My discussion with them on messenger below.

Hi! Thanks for the inquiry. We haven't checked yet how versatile the Link ECU CAN-settings are, in other words, if it's capable of doing blips/cuts/revmatching through CAN-bus requests, we probably can make it work. Which model DCT are you running? F-series or E-series? We will have a small black friday -sale coming up, nothing crazy though, a little discount. We have controllers available for immediate dispatch. Prices and shipping costs are visible in the webshop at www.canformance.net/shop

I need to know what kind of cut and blip strategies are possible to implement on Link?

Today at 14:54
14:54

CANformance Engineering

CANformance Engineering
Hi, Checked through Link software and it looks like we can do a somewhat decent control. The things that seem to be missing, which would be nice to have, is the opportunity to adjust blips and cuts "analogically" through requests from the CAN-bus instead of just having Link do gear-based amounts of cuts/blips.

CANformance Engineering

CANTCU sends out various requests during shifts depending on rpm differences, driving situations, speed changes etc, and thus, it would be nice to utilize those.

CANformance Engineering
CANformance Engineering

But if you have the possibility to relay me through to Adam at Link, we sure can discuss it with him

Any way we can get in touch with you via e-mail Adam ?

G4+ can do variable blip via CAN request using either a 3D e-throttle target table or activating a second target table during blip request.  

G4+ doesnt have a good way to do a variable cut request via CAN.  You could do something like switch between retard only for low load shifts and a fixed cut percentage for high load shifts.  Or we could possibly use the gear index to command say 5 different levels of cut percentage 20/40/60/80/100% or similar.  Provided you dont need "gear" to work in the ecu for anything else. 

Im happy to discuss with them via email.  I will PM you my address.  

• 1 year later...

Can I ask if there was a successful outcome to the above as I have a link g4+ and plan to fits BMW DCT GS7D36SG on the back of a Honda s2000 f20c and wondering if Link and CanTCU is the best go forward  solution.