Antilag Boost Question.

k4nnon

Hey all this question is specific to cars set up with real rally style antilag and in particular to drivers more experienced with driving the cars with real antilag set up..

Soo Im setting up some group N style antilag on my 06 usdm evo 9. Car has a self made throttle kicker and my mapping is decent so far. Everything is working as far as the antilag and cyclic idle. I have not driven the car with antilig yet because i will be installing a vacuum pump soon to address the power brake issue..

My question is, is there any specific boost i should be targeting while off throttle and antilag is working or is this all personal preference to the driver, course, how the car acts ect...? Or is there a general universal target such as 0psi to keep the car out of vacuum and essentially no lag because any throttle input will be positive pressure.

I am wanting to set this up for some autox use because my turbo is quite large and i can benefit from less lag and quicker boost response, however i dont want to set this up too aggressive to where ill be killing a turbo after 2 sessions. I understand the risks and wear of such a violent internal process but i feel with good quality parts and proper tuning, everything should work semi happily in order. I guess ill find out.. Thanks for any and all information and input!!!

Typically you are not aiming for a specific boost level, the main desire is to keep the turbo speed high so that you dot need to wait for it to build again after the off throttle event.  I dont have large experience to share, just a couple of club level rally cars and I dont even remember what the MAP is off throttle, but in one of them with the more confident driver I remember there is almost no lag at all, as soon as you open the throttle the boost is back where it was before lifting.

15 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Typically you are not aiming for a specific boost level, the main desire is to keep the turbo speed high so that you dot need to wait for it to build again after the off throttle event.  I dont have large experience to share, just a couple of club level rally cars and I dont even remember what the MAP is off throttle, but in one of them with the more confident driver I remember there is almost no lag at all, as soon as you open the throttle the boost is back where it was before lifting.

Hey Adam, thanks for the input as always. This kind of what I had figured. All preference and adjusted to suit the driver, track, experience.... Im probably going to shoot for a soft 0-5psi off throttle and see how it responds. If everything is happy and I can use more, ill set it a little more aggressive. Thanks again.