Mr2 beams red top engine trigger problem

eric0122

What rpm was the trigger scope taken at?  Just cranking?  Your trigger arming thresholds are seem a bit too low in the 5000 and 1000 rpm zones given that scope.  How did you sync the trigger offset?

Your lambda also doesn't show up in that log at all - is it the Link CAN lambda you have configured in the tune and is it working properly?

Have you done an injector test as well to ensure all injectors are firing when commanded?  Are the plugs all wet?

It all looks happy in the log.  The ecu is not preventing any cylinders from running from what I can see.

You will need to connect your MAP sensor and turn it on in the software.  Have you checked base timing? Have you checked fuel pressure?

2 hours ago, koracing said:

What rpm was the trigger scope taken at?  Just cranking?  Your trigger arming thresholds are seem a bit too low in the 5000 and 1000 rpm zones given that scope.  How did you sync the trigger offset?

Your lambda also doesn't show up in that log at all - is it the Link CAN lambda you have configured in the tune and is it working properly?

Have you done an injector test as well to ensure all injectors are firing when commanded?  Are the plugs all wet?

Hi, the scope taken at idle around 600 rpm, it can not go more rpm. The lamda work normal but show up late. Actually I'm using the atlezza trigger. I tried to use muti/missing  mode 36/2 teeth but engine won't start. Actually i have a protected map the car run normal when i stored into the moonsoon. So the wiring and the engine part probably is no problem. So i think it should be the trigger setting wrong...

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

It all looks happy in the log.  The ecu is not preventing any cylinders from running from what I can see.

You will need to connect your MAP sensor and turn it on in the software.  Have you checked base timing? Have you checked fuel pressure?

This log is the happy log because it have no trigger error when the engine is running but only around 10 second. It have pop sound from intake, base timing checked but the better timing for idle is 0 degree, no idle when more ignition timing and more loading. I'm thinking abot the vvti can effect starting engine or not? 

41 minutes ago, eric0122 said:

I'm thinking abot the vvti can effect starting engine or not? 

No, VVT is not needed or used during start up.  The solenoids are disabled.  

Why do you have the MAP sensor turned off?  

44 minutes ago, eric0122 said:

This log is the happy log because it have no trigger error when the engine is running but only around 10 second. I

If you are saying you have trigger errors then it would be best to give us a log and scope when the errors are occuring.  There is no sign of trigger issues in your previous log.  

22 minutes ago, Adamw said:

No, VVT is not needed or used during start up.  The solenoids are disabled.  

Why do you have the MAP sensor turned off?  

If you are saying you have trigger errors then it would be best to give us a log and scope when the errors are occuring.  There is no sign of trigger issues in your previous log.  

Because the map sensor is not using when the car come, also this is NA engine, so I changed the tuningl map axis to TPS. I tried the altezza base map, connected the vacum and cal. Still can not start the engine. Do you know the trigging setting  of the 3sge vvti trigger mode from the base map? I found the altrzza trigger scope should be the same. I would like to try put that number into the muti/missing tooth mode and try. I only know everyone say this ths 36-2 for the crank.

If the engine has an idle valve then you must have a MAP sensor, if using TPS only the ecu has no way to measure or compensate for the variable air mass that is flowing into the manifold through the idle valve.  This is unlikely your issue causing 2 cylinders to be dead, but you still need to get the basic fundamentals right.  

Multitooth missing mode works no different that the 3SGE trigger mode, just a different sync count due to 3 teeth on the camshaft.  

Can you do a log that shows these trigger errors occurring.  

3 hours ago, Adamw said:

If the engine has an idle valve then you must have a MAP sensor, if using TPS only the ecu has no way to measure or compensate for the variable air mass that is flowing into the manifold through the idle valve.  This is unlikely your issue causing 2 cylinders to be dead, but you still need to get the basic fundamentals right.  

Multitooth missing mode works no different that the 3SGE trigger mode, just a different sync count due to 3 teeth on the camshaft.  

Can you do a log that shows these trigger errors occurring.  

Because the owner need to drive in this Saturday, I shoud get it back in next week, so I can see what happen then i can log the data again. So total teeth is 36, missing 2, gap 1, and syn teeth 3,  For the missing teeth mode?

Missing tooth mode will be difficult to make work reliably with the 3 cam teeth.  You would need to use the cam window sync method which is an advanced topic for experienced users.  There is no point changing to missing tooth mode, it will give no difference to the 3SGE trigger mode.  

6 hours ago, Adamw said:

Missing tooth mode will be difficult to make work reliably with the 3 cam teeth.  You would need to use the cam window sync method which is an advanced topic for experienced users.  There is no point changing to missing tooth mode, it will give no difference to the 3SGE trigger mode.  

I have a protected map from the monsoon and it is working on this 3sge. But i don't know what's inside. I read the cam window from the help file and i tried but not working, may be something wrong for the setting. 

Im not sure how to make it any clearer - It is pointless trying missing tooth mode, you are just wasting time. 

Getting a log and a trigger scope when the issue is happening is going to give you something that is much more useful for diagnosis.