RX& FD3S - Cold start and driving issues

Copyninja

Gentlemen,

I have attached my log file for a cold start and driving issue im experiencing. Once hot there are no issues

When cold, the afrs lean out even at the slightest touch of the throttle. There seems to be enough fuel in the crank enrichment and warm up enrichment. Accel fuel for throttle input as seems to have enough fuel. 

Any ideas why there sudden lean spikes?

Its strange, very light throttle hits are causing the engine to die when cold. Not sure if its an electrical gremlin as i notice the battery voltage keeps fluctuating. However, this is a brand new optima red top, so not sure if its something else. Before anyone else says the engine compression, that is confirmed fine.

This is defo a software issue with the cold fuel tuning as The apexi pfc never had such problems, could turn on stone cold and drive without engine dying etc. Issues only with cold start, idle and cruising. 

Is there anything else I can try?

In that log it doesnt look like it dies when you hit the throttle, it dies on return to idle after a blip.  That looks like the idle valve or throttle stop is not open enough.  You have an idle target of 11-1300 and it is idling at 550-600rpm.  

@Copyninja Regarding the idle/stalling issue, I noticed in your idle tune settings that you have Idle Ignition Control disabled. Enabling that might help - basically when you're operating in the idle region, it will advance/retard your timing based on the idle speed error. When you enable it. you'll need to populate a 2D or optionally 3D Idle Ignition Table.

3 hours ago, Adamw said:

In that log it doesnt look like it dies when you hit the throttle, it dies on return to idle after a blip.  That looks like the idle valve or throttle stop is not open enough.  You have an idle target of 11-1300 and it is idling at 550-600rpm.  

yh maybe the idle control is not properly connected/ failed so the ecu is unable to control it. 

2 hours ago, Pete_89t2 said:

@Copyninja Regarding the idle/stalling issue, I noticed in your idle tune settings that you have Idle Ignition Control disabled. Enabling that might help - basically when you're operating in the idle region, it will advance/retard your timing based on the idle speed error. When you enable it. you'll need to populate a 2D or optionally 3D Idle Ignition Table.

thanks, i'll try this and see if its good enough to control the idle. Likely my idle control valve has failed.