Help on impreza gc8 settings

Fabio

The VE table is the most simple part of the tune, you dont need anything anywhere near correct to get running.  I have run engines with a single cell VE table as a demonstration in the past.  You could use the V11 WRX VE table as a starting point, or just wack 80% in the whole table and it will run well enough to tune.  

If you have a G4X I would use the knock settings from our V11 base map.  This uses normalised mode which adapts from engine to engine well and works very well in our test car (EJ207).  Leave that until after you have tuned it though, otherwise it will just work against you.  

5 minutes ago, Fabio said:

would you advise to use auto tune?

If you are doing steady state tuning on the dyno yes.  If road tuning where you cant hold it nicely centered in each cell then you are probably better using the mixture map or quick tune function from logs.  

What about IAT fuel trim table? Do you think I should set it off? I don t understand if the air density vs temperature formula is already in the equation, I mean if i set all IAT corrections to 0 does the equation still adjust for air charge temperature?

Thank you

Fabio

• 7 months later...

Hi everyone,

I am in need of help for knock settings

I would like to make my engine knock at low revs low loads to see if the knock is picked up by the link g4x

I ve tried 2k rpm and maximum allowed timing but no knock occur 

How can I do this procedure safely?

Or someone has settings already tested and working?

Thank you

Fabio

I doubt you will be able to make it knock at 2000RPM with no boost.  Maybe if you cover the intercooler to get very high IAT or use the lowest octane fuel.  

When testing our V11 sti I had over 45deg advance, 3000RPM, and maybe 120-140kpa MAP to make it knock.   

Try the knock settings from our V11 base map, it is a EJ207, but will likely work for an EJ20 ok.