CAN link sensor

Rbaimee91

Hey All!!

So i have my link G4x in my car.
when i was getting my 32 tuned, my tuner told me the CAN sensor wasnt working, he did a little research and said a few people have got theres from link and found it not working.

wondering if anyone else has had the same issue?

You're going to need to provide a little more info here... but I'll assume some stuff based on what you have said...

I will assume you're talking about the Link CAN Lambda sensor, and will proceed based on that... Yes, there have been some issues reported here (as you'll find reported issues somewhere about almost every single product every made), and most of them that I've seen have been to do with the installation using inadequate power supply cabling, or some kind of power-related issue.

I have installed one recently, and knowing what I've seen here, I used the "alternative" wiring with a 22uF capacitor across the power & ground wires at the module's power connector, and it was detected and worked flawlessly.

• Rbaimee91 changed the title to CAN link sensor

You're going to have to give us some more info then.

How is the module powered?

How are the CAN wires connected to the ECU?

Share a copy of your .pclx configuration as it is currently.

They're very simple devices, that only require 4 wires connecting, and a pretty simple configuration if you follow the well-written instructions. There's got to be something obvious that's being missed somewhere.

Hi All, I might be having the same issue. The CAN Lambda is setup using the "Recommended" wiring arrangement without the 22uf capacitor. The sensor will provide a reading at times, then it seems as though you put the project away for a few days and it won't work again on restart. I'm getting 2 error codes. 16 "Heated Too Long" and 33 Open Circuit APE-IPE. If I add the capacitor between the power and ground error code 16 remains and the second error changes to 34 Open Circuit RE-IPE. The O2 sensor came in the kit and is new. The wiring harness is all new, as are the main, fuel pump, and CAN lambda module relays. 

errors 16 33 PC Datalog - 2023-02-24 8;39;02 am.llgx

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/26/2023 at 4:35 AM, Adamw said:

Error 16 & 33 are the usual indications of a power supply issue.  Are the wires at least 20AWG and connected to a source capable of ~8A?  You should have the cap fitted if its powered from a circuit that has other inductive devices on it.

The CAN Lambda unit is wired as displayed in the "Preferred" diagram, and the wires are all 18AWG and less than 20" in length. The power source to the relay is the positive power post in the engine bay that's connected directly to the battery in the trunk. There are no other devices on the circuit.

Looking at the "Alternative" diagram, does that method eliminate the separate relay for the CAN Lambda, and use the main relay supplying the ECU?

Thanks for your help.

CAN Lambda Faulting still PC Datalog - 2023-03-22 10;54;20 am.llgx