activating Nos

Knox

Hi, I want to control nos solenoid. 

I tried with this link but this is for g4+. I  couldn't make my nos wiring details and also I want to add more conditions like rpm limit. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jS61H6Rf--SUa6t1M7ovIlN4mNq9OvpM/view?usp=share_link
I attached my map file. Please check for me. Actually what I want is, arm the ecu with DI5 and trigger the nos solenoid with aux5. I also want to add fuel and retard ignition with 4d tables so for 4d tables activation I choose DI5 but if I can add more condition I will be better (like when rpm limit is active, nos output will stop). Please check my map and also help to nos input outputs. 

First, understand I'm new at this - so don't take my advice as gospel at all. A large part of me responding at all is to test myself and learn from others' criticism.

That out of the way; it looks to me like the only thing you're really missing is assigning a GP Output to your Virtual AUX 1 - perhaps use GPO8.

Once you do that, you can assign the conditions that make Virtual Aux 1 go active/inactive - and then feed that forward into the condition set that control GP Output 7 (Nitrous control).

For example, you can set the conditions for VA1 to become active as: DI5 active and TPS > 95%

This way, you can assign up to 6 different conditions (3 from GPO7 NOS control + 3 from GPO8 VA1)

Also, I see no reason not to apply your extra fuel and ignition retard to your entire 4D fuel/spark tables. This way it won't matter when VA1 goes active - you'll still get + fuel and -spark... You could of course add RPM as a condition to your GPO7 or GPO8 programming, so that it can never go active in a region of your 4D tables where there isn't fuel/spark correction mapped out.

Last, have you considered the concept of driving your nitrous solenoid via a PWM output so you can ramp the nitrous in according to duty cycle?

16 hours ago, Hodgdon Extreme said:

First, understand I'm new at this - so don't take my advice as gospel at all. A large part of me responding at all is to test myself and learn from others' criticism.

That out of the way; it looks to me like the only thing you're really missing is assigning a GP Output to your Virtual AUX 1 - perhaps use GPO8.

Once you do that, you can assign the conditions that make Virtual Aux 1 go active/inactive - and then feed that forward into the condition set that control GP Output 7 (Nitrous control).

For example, you can set the conditions for VA1 to become active as: DI5 active and TPS > 95%

This way, you can assign up to 6 different conditions (3 from GPO7 NOS control + 3 from GPO8 VA1)

Also, I see no reason not to apply your extra fuel and ignition retard to your entire 4D fuel/spark tables. This way it won't matter when VA1 goes active - you'll still get + fuel and -spark... You could of course add RPM as a condition to your GPO7 or GPO8 programming, so that it can never go active in a region of your 4D tables where there isn't fuel/spark correction mapped out.

Last, have you considered the concept of driving your nitrous solenoid via a PWM output so you can ramp the nitrous in according to duty cycle?

Hello, thank you for support. 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19tPJVZhGS2eWLj2ZaenidmRHC408K1Bf/view?usp=sharing

I set virtual aux1 to 4d fuel and 4d ignition table trigger. And adjust the virtual aux1 conditions as gear (3 and up), engine speed (6000 and up) and tps (90 and up). And for solenoid output  on aux5 triggered if virtual aux1 and di5 active. 

Is it correct now ? @Hodgdon Extreme and @Adamw

This logic looks good to me for standard on/off activation with the exception that I would set the activation for the 4D tables for fuel and ignition to Aux5 so they also need to see DI5 active as well to be enabled as well as virtual aux 1. 

How do you have the solenoids wired?  Nitrous solenoids can draw 8+ Amps which far exceeds the current rating of the auxiliary outputs on the ecu so you should have these wired to a relay/pdm or something else triggered by the ecu to activate.

Personally I would put a pressure sensor on the solenoid output side and trigger the tables by seeing a particular pressure coming out of the solenoid - so the tables only activate if nitrous is *actually* flowing.  I would also add a sensor pre-solenoid to ensure the bottle pressure is correct and open.

On 3/16/2023 at 5:13 PM, koracing said:

This logic looks good to me for standard on/off activation with the exception that I would set the activation for the 4D tables for fuel and ignition to Aux5 so they also need to see DI5 active as well to be enabled as well as virtual aux 1. 

How do you have the solenoids wired?  Nitrous solenoids can draw 8+ Amps which far exceeds the current rating of the auxiliary outputs on the ecu so you should have these wired to a relay/pdm or something else triggered by the ecu to activate.

Personally I would put a pressure sensor on the solenoid output side and trigger the tables by seeing a particular pressure coming out of the solenoid - so the tables only activate if nitrous is *actually* flowing.  I would also add a sensor pre-solenoid to ensure the bottle pressure is correct and open.

Hello, thank you for advise and I changed 4d tables activation to aux5.

NX kit have their own relay, so I just use aux5 as ground trigger.

I don’t have enough experience for that kind off control. Does it work and wire link boost solenoid ? 

Edited by Knox