Setup 2 wire IACV

don17

Hi, I've just installed 2 wire slytech IACV on my 2jz, previously had the factory 6 wire IACV. I have used a harness, that plugs into the factory IACV plug, when I look at the settings it only had 6 wire and 4 wire, I don't know what settings I need to used the 2 wire setup, If I change the duty cycle as it is in the 6 wire setup it reactes. 1% duty cycle open the valve too much, unsure of proper settings, do I need to use GP input? 

If you have the aux output set to "ISC Solenoid" rather than "ISC Stepper", then the 4wire/6wire setting is irrelevant and has no influence.  When in ISC solenoid mode the base position table and the Idle position runtime are duty cycle, you can think of them as "percent open".

2 hours ago, Adamw said:

If you have the aux output set to "ISC Solenoid" rather than "ISC Stepper", then the 4wire/6wire setting is irrelevant and has no influence.  When in ISC solenoid mode the base position table and the Idle position runtime are duty cycle, you can think of them as "percent open".

I have aux 4,5,6,7 shown in use for old settings the new adapter harness only uses pin 1 and 2 do I need all those aux set to IAC solenoid? And what frequency should i set it to as a starting point? Is higher frequency less or more adjustment ?

images.jpeg-19.jpg

images-1.png

Im pretty sure pin 1 is Aux 7 - assuming you have our supra plug-in, so set aux 7 to ISC solenoid, turn off Aux 5/6/8.  You can temporarily set aux 7 to "Test PWM" at 15Hz to confirm it is actually connected to aux 7 (you should hear it clicking in test mode if you have the right one).  

I would suggest 120Hz for that valve, it is from a ford V8 and they use 120Hz standard.