List of output pull ups

Rich52

Is there a list of output pull up configurations for an EVO 7 G4X plug in ECU? I see some with open collector, some pull ups and some with fly back diodes buts it not clear which is which. I'm currently trying to use Ign5 to drive to 12V  but that is only showing 5V o/c so looks like an "open collector"?

All outputs drive low.

Aux 5-8 can drive high on some ECUs but only as a switched output, from memory the EVO 7 is not one of these ECUs.

Aux 9&10 can theoretically drive high as they are used for E-Throttle but they aren't setup to use this functionality outside of E-Throttle.

Further, Aux 1-10 are pulled up to regulated 12V by 1.5Kohm.  Aux 1-10 are flywheeled. 

Ignition and injector drives are effectively open collector, not flywheeled.  The ign drives do actually have a very weak 6V pull-up effect coming from the fault checking circuit as you have found, this is often enough to drive very low current signals like SSR's etc without adding an external pull-up.  

The RX7 plug-ins dont have the high side drive chip on Aux 5-8, low side only.  

RMcw6OB.png

Follow up -  I persevered with the Ign5 (Aux) output to drive an SSR and as you said it has a weak pull up - found it was able to drive about 125 microamps to 5.5V. I changed my MOSFET SSR input to a 56kohm to ground and it now looks good. Added  a 10nF capacitor as noise suppression for good measure . I'm running a 10Hz PWM output.

Thanks again.