How do I add more inputs to G4+ when expansion connectors are both full?

4g63evo

I've an Evo 9 with a G4+ - E-throttle. Converting to Bosch DBW and have used up all the inputs on expan. 1 & 2 for the electric T/B & pedal. I also have sensors I'd like to connect to the ECU such as Temp / pressure sensors for fail safety. How do I go about adding more inputs to the G4+? Do I need another unit to add more inputs?

I also have an AIM MXS digital dash that accepts sensor inputs, can the input information collected from the AIM MXS be streamed to the Link G4+ to allow for fail safety?

Have you already used AN Volt 2 (air flow meter), AN Volt 4 (narrow band oxy) and AN Temp 3 (Fuel tank temp)?  

You can send inputs that are connected to the dash back to the ecu, but G4+ is pretty limited in the types of analog inputs it can receive via CAN.  Basically, Oil Press, Fuel Press, EMAP and EGT's are the only native ones.

AN volt 2 - maf sensor is not in use as I'll be utilizing onboard map sensor and will be used for fuel pressure sensor.

AN volt 4 is not in use as I have a link can lambda and will be used for an EFR speed sensor. I believe it is Volts.

AN temp 3 is currently used for MAF / intake temp

Aus evo ix didn't have:

MAP sensor / AN volt 1

or IAT / AN temp 2 from factory.

Can I utilize these if there are pin outs on the G4+?

Ok great. I think I'll be able to manage to fit all my sensors without the need to upgrade ECU.

It looks like the EVO9 has a jumper to use AN Volt 1 for the onboard map sensor via a jumper or the oem map sensor on pin 92 if the jumper is moved to an alternative position.  So you probably won't have access to that one.  AN Temp 2 is available on pin 96 and can be used for temp sensor input as well as other analog input because the internal pullup can be turned off in the software if desired.

Thank you very much. This is basically what I've come up with:

I'm short a 1x Temp sensor & 2x pressure sensors. These are all liquids and I will wire these to my AIM MXS.

AN VOLT    
NAME PART INPUT
MAP SENSOR - onboard Link onboard AN VOLT 1
Fuel pressure @ surge tank BOSCH COMBI TEMP/PRESSURE SENSOR AN VOLT 2
TPS 2 (OUT) BOSCH ELECTRIC T/B  AN VOLT 3
EFR Turbo speed sensor   AN VOLT 4
POWER STEERING SWITCH OEM AN VOLT 5
FUEL RAIL PRESSURE BOSCH COMBI TEMP/PRESSURE SENSOR AN VOLT 6
TPS 1 (OUT) BOSCH ELECTRIC T/B  AN VOLT 7
OIL FILTER PRESSURE BOSCH COMBI TEMP/PRESSURE SENSOR AN VOLT 8
PEDAL POSITION LOW BOSCH ELECTRIC PEDAL AN VOLT 9
PEDAL POSITION HIGH BOSCH ELECTRIC PEDAL AN VOLT 10
LCA2 ZEITRONIX FLEX SENSOR AN VOLT 11

AN TEMP    
NAME PART INPUT
ECT OEM AN TEMP 1
OIL FILTER TEMP BOSCH COMBI TEMP/PRESSURE AN TEMP 2
IAT @ MANIFOLD MOTORSPORT IAT AN TEMP 3
FUEL TEMP ZEITRONIX AN TEMP 4

AUX    
NAME PART AUX

BOSCH ELECTRIC T/B MOTOR (+) BOSCH ELECTRIC T/B AUX 9
BOSCH ELECTRIC T/B MOTOR (-) BOSCH ELECTRIC T/B AUX 10
TRANS OIL PUMP   AUX 11

Ethanol content needs to come from a frequency signal, not analog.  Connect the signal wire of the flex sensor to a DI, you will then get ethanol content and temp through the one input and that will give you a spare AN Temp and AN Volt input.