G4+ Atom 2 Aux output always out 12V

Onodera

Hi.

I'm newbie at LINK and electronics. and English is not my main language so please forgive my strange sentences and misread.

I want to install and control engine fan into my 4ageu on AE86 via G4+. The engine is already swapped to LINK and running. LINK has not installed by me.

I thought should work with set GP Output on Aux 4 for triggering engine fan relay. But Aux Outputs are always send out 12V what ever I set (I tried Aux 3 and Aux 4).

I think I just simply reading manual wrong, but I have no idea why Aux output always sent 12V. so please teach me how to connect engine fan correctly.

My setup:
Windows11
MainCore Firmware Version: 5.6.8.3671
BootCore Firmware Version: 1.9
Main Board Revision: 1.5
ECU Type: G4+ Atom

Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 22.49.49.png

The outputs have a weak "pull-up" to 12v (so this is what your meter will be seeing) and when turned on (they show as "Active" in the software) they will be switched to ground.

So - your fan relay should have an ignition switched 12v feed to one side of the coil (if using a typical automotive relay, the one labelled 86), and the other side of the coil (pin labelled 85) goes to your Aux output.

The same ignition switched power supply goes to pin labelled 30, and your fan's positive lead to pin labelled 87, with the other side of the fan to ground.

I will say though, that there is already an Engine Fan function built into the ECU, which will be better to be used - it supports more features than your attempt using a GP Output, such as hysteresis (which will prevent the fan turning on and off as the ECT goes either side of your set-point), and this can be used to modify the idle settings when enabled, due to the extra power drain on the electrical system, which the GP Output function won't do.

On 3/27/2023 at 11:34 PM, Confused said:

The outputs have a weak "pull-up" to 12v (so this is what your meter will be seeing) and when turned on (they show as "Active" in the software) they will be switched to ground.

So - your fan relay should have an ignition switched 12v feed to one side of the coil (if using a typical automotive relay, the one labelled 86), and the other side of the coil (pin labelled 85) goes to your Aux output.

The same ignition switched power supply goes to pin labelled 30, and your fan's positive lead to pin labelled 87, with the other side of the fan to ground.

I will say though, that there is already an Engine Fan function built into the ECU, which will be better to be used - it supports more features than your attempt using a GP Output, such as hysteresis (which will prevent the fan turning on and off as the ECT goes either side of your set-point), and this can be used to modify the idle settings when enabled, due to the extra power drain on the electrical system, which the GP Output function won't do.

Hi Confused. I'm very glad to give me a answer and Thank you for information and sorry for late reply!

Is schematics doing like this?

Screenshot 2023-04-02 at 15.04.18.png