Map reading on link is not the same on my gauge, is off quite a bit have tried 2 different map sensors and calibrations

schmikel bays

hello i have a g4x hc92x in my 1995 honda civic running a d16 engine. I had it setup on a linear cal for the hondata map sensor and it would read -8 mgp or 7 map n my gauge is at about -15. on my hondata it was always around -15, -16. i then figured it was the map sensor cal so i got a link 4 bar and cal it and stored and saved it and the same reading occur. i even tried it on the regular 4bar setting in the pull down i think it currently is on that now but all 3 was the same reading n i cant figure out why i have attached my tune file 

D16 LINK ECU 2 but interp.pclx

What units are each of those values, psi, kPa, mmHg etc.

Are you taking the vacuum/pressure sources from the same locations, do they read the same with the engine off.

Are you taking the vacuum/pressure sources from the same locations, do they read the same with the engine off.

Also you should be using the 'Link 4 Bar' Calibration not the '4 Bar' calibration for the external Link 4 Bar sensor

2 hours ago, Vaughan said:

Also you should be using the 'Link 4 Bar' Calibration not the '4 Bar' calibration for the external Link 4 Bar sensor

They units are mgp units. Or I think psia? N yes they are in the same location ports on the intake I had it on the link 4 bar n that’s what I plan to use I just tried the 4 bar for the hell of it. When on my Hondata ecu it will idle at -16 gauge n computer

1 minute ago, schmikel bays said:

They units are mgp units

MGP and MAP in the ECU can display in psi or kPa and MGP is MAP - BAP so BAP can affect the MGP reading. It sounds like you are using psi.

What units does the gauge use because most boost gauges use psi for positive pressure and mmHg for vacuum.

2 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

MGP and MAP in the ECU can display in psi or kPa and MGP is MAP - BAP so BAP can affect the MGP reading. It sounds like you are using psi.

What units does the gauge use because most boost gauges use psi for positive pressure and mmHg for vacuum.

Yes sorry I’m using it in psi not kpa

3 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

4 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

N the boost gauge is psi n mmhg

38 minutes ago, schmikel bays said:

N the boost gauge is psi n mmhg

I doubt it has a mix of US and metric units, more likely the vacuum portion is inHg.  So 15inHg on your boost gauge would be equivalent to about -7.3psi MGP in the ecu software.