3 Plug NA MX5

HarryForeman

Hi all,

Was just about the pull the trigger on getting a plug and play G4X for my NA MX5, however I'm guessing that there isn't one for it.

It's a '96 1.8 and has the 3 PLUG ECU (pictured) I can see that the NA plug and play one is for a 2 pin, and I'm going to take a guess that the 3 pin non-facelift NB ECU also wouldn't work. Does this mean my only option is to get a 'generic' G4X and wire it in? Wiring is not my cup of tea so would rather avoid it if possible.

Kind Regards,

Harry

20230416_152344.jpg

The NB1 is a different pinout than the 3 plug NA and we don't have a specific plugin for the 3 plug NA. It isn't uncommon to repin the 3 plugs to work with the 2 plug NA plugin, I have done this myself on a friend's car.

Thankyou both, that has definitely cleared up the situation for me. Was looking into the plug and play for the convenience and time/cost saving. However it'd probably be better to save up a few more pennies and get the wire-in, take the time to make an adapter loom and then have an ECU that's more transferrable if the project car changes.