Unstable tacho HC92X

Manes

hello,

I use a tacho booster to make the original tachometer work.
The sweep at startup works well even if I can't get it to go past 9300 rpm. I run at 8500 rpm so that's not a problem.

My problem is that after 5k rpm the tachometer does anything. It shakes and is therefore unreadable...
How to fix this problem ?
It worked perfectly with the original system so I don't really understand.

I find it hard to understand why the startup scan works properly in a smooth way and once while driving it is no longer the case. I also have small jumps in slow motion and while driving under 4k rpm.

thx for your help

can you take a pc log of the unstable area please, want to see if the engine speed reading is erratic causing an erratic tacho signal or if it is something to do with the tacho booster.

Also one side thought is what duty cycle are you running the tacho output at? given you are using a booster and running to high rpm you might need a lower tacho duty cycle for the booster to operate properly up top.

I tried changing the duty cycle but nothing worked...

I use ignition output 6 to power it, could it come from there? an auxiliary output is more suitable?

I can't share my log at the moment. Same for replying with my account.

On 4/21/2023 at 11:42 AM, Nesma said:

I use ignition output 6 to power it, could it come from there? an auxiliary output is more suitable

yeah try with an auxiliary output, they pull higher than the Ignition outputs