Link Pnp

Steveninouye

There is no wideband controller built in to the ecu so the front factory O2 sensor wont work.  The rear narrowband is connected to AN Volt 7, this can be used for narrowband closed loop control but is not useful for tuning.

For an analog output type wideband controller, yes you could either use an expansion harness or one of the unused analog inputs that are already there.  Most likely you are not using the airflow meter input, the rear O2 sensor input and possibly the TGV sensor inputs.

Or preferably use a CAN bus wideband controller.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/25/2023 at 2:39 PM, Adamw said:

For an analog output type wideband controller, yes you could either use an expansion harness or one of the unused analog inputs that are already there.  Most likely you are not using the airflow meter input, the rear O2 sensor input and possibly the TGV sensor inputs.

Or preferably use a CAN bus wideband controller.  

so can i just unpin the rear oxy and put the wide band signal through the an volt 7?

If you get a wideband controller with an analog output - be sure you get one that has both a 0-5v signal output as well as a ground reference output.  Stay away from widebands that do not have a ground output wire with the 0-5v.

Good Options (in my opinion):
AEM X-Series
14point7 Spartan 3 or Spartan 2
Link CAN Lambda

Bad Options (in my opinion):
Innovate
AEM 30-4110 or older units

Once you have a good unit - you can wire the 0-5v signal output to AN Volt7 rear o2 wire, and the wideband ground output to the same ground as the ECU ground or if that's not readily available you should be ok to ground a rear o2 ground wire (check the other wires on that connector - one should go to ground).

thanks so much, unfortunately it looks like I'm going to have to use another unit as the plx is a 1 wire unit. So with that said, I have decided to go with the can lambda unit, my question is for my Subaru pnp 107x, if i use the can I saw that there are 2 different connectors to the ecu can you tell me what the difference is between the 2?

thanks

Your ecu has 2 separate CAN bus connectors.  You can use either one with the CAN Lambda, you just have to make sure to configure it in the software correctly.  You'll also need the CANJST expansion harness for plug in ecus with the 5 pin connector to the ECU (101-0197) as well.