Basic 2-step setup on Thunder

mattj

I'm trying to understand the intended design of the Single Launch RPM feature.  Should I simply be able to enable this feature, using a throttle position and have it disable once the vehicle exceeds 0.0 kph, like the help file says? 

It won't let me upload a pic right now.

Hey, the single launch rpm will be for stationary launch such as in a drag race application. You will set it up with throttle position and then set your launch rpm. Depending on how the car behaves you may want to play with the speed because if the car spins or bogs down on launch its going to kill the launch rpm status as soon as it sees 1mph or so. Best to set the speed disable point right when the car gains solid traction. This will keep launch limiter enabled until the car is in motion and with grip. Little bit different setup if you are trying to set up boost with launch limiter. Hope that helps some.

Thanks for the reply!  Yes, that's exactly what I'm trying to set up.  Basic single drag launch.

Sorry, I have to enter just a few words at a time to get this site to post my reply.  Dang, I can't get it to post anymore of my message.

d

There has been a recent site issue with posts and accounts being blocked. Happened to me earlier and its being looked into currently so hopefully all of that is fixed soon. The basic launch stuff is fairly simple. just gotta play with the values and see how the car reacts. 

Try this again...

The problem I'm having is that the system does not disable.  When set to Single Launch RPM, the "Disarming Speed" attribute is not available. 

When using the Single Launch RPM feature, the setup defaults to using an attribute called "Arming Time" instead.  I tried playing with that, but either way, it doesn't disarm.  The Help File, under the Single Launch RPM section, says that the system should disarm once the vehicle exceeds 0.0 kph, but I'm not finding this to be the case.  It does seem to work with 2D RPM Launch RPM Table mode though.  But, I have to enter the desired launch RPM in the "0" speed cell for the Non Driven Wheel Speed table, and then enter an RPM, like 10,000 in all the other fields for additional speeds of Non Driver Wheel Speed, to keep it from activating at other speeds (I won't reach 10000 RPM).  Does that make sense?

Use a Virtual Aux to activate the launch control on single RPM and put your speed parameter in there ->  active < x.xx kph .  If you have an arming switch or button - add it as another parameter in the virtual aux.