EWP Davies Craig Wrong Setup

pol.cp03

I see a few things wrong there.  Can you confirm how you want it to work - I assume maybe something like this?:

Engine running, ECT <50 = 10s on, 30s off.

ECT between 50 & 80 = 5s on, 5s off.

ECT > 80 = ON all the time.  Timers will always start at 0 at power up so GP output 1 will always be true at power up.  

Timers are always 0 at power up so GP output 3 would always be true at power up.  I would invert this logic.  I think your GP 3 conditions is possibly meant to be looking at timer 2, not timer 1 and temp should be >50 rather than >80?

I will give an example once you explain how you want it to work.  

15 minutes ago, Adamw said:

I see a few things wrong there.  Can you confirm how you want it to work - I assume maybe something like this?:

Engine running, ECT <50 = 10s on, 30s off.

ECT between 50 & 80 = 5s on, 5s off.

ECT > 80 = ON all the time.  Timers will always start at 0 at power up so GP output 1 will always be true at power up.  

Timers are always 0 at power up so GP output 3 would always be true at power up.  I would invert this logic.  I think your GP 3 conditions is possibly meant to be looking at timer 2, not timer 1 and temp should be >50 rather than >80?

I will give an example once you explain how you want it to work.  

Yes, that's exactly how I want it to work. If you can make the example better because it's a bit confusing. Thanks

With my EWP it needed 8v for it to work. So I also set  PWM so it was getting 8v until around 75 c then increased to 12v/100% @ 88 c. Having it running at full power isnt needed as it will take too long to warm up. I found that mine worked better on for 3  off for 6 seconds and then on for 6 and off  for 3 seconds, until it was 65 c.