Evo one 2.3 misfire

Bmgtz

Hi

im quite a novice with this ecu so hope to get some advice 

my evo has sits list for long periods with out being driven. I do start it and run it for a while every few weeks 

however to keep the battery charged I disconnect it at the negative terminal… so I’m wonder if the tune could have dropped out some how? 

tiday being a fine day I took her out… drove gently to warm up and all ok. Once warm I gave a boot in third …. Went to 7000 running clean.  

I coasted with the clutch in and it stalled. 

very hard to restart! 

once it did it ran very badly!

it now has a bad misfire from 4500/5000

it is violent and shuts down the engine … I’ve changed 

plugs … number one was black and sooty

leads

coils

ignitor

nap sensor

looked for boost leaks

compression test when hot showed it at 185 across all four 

when driving it violently cuts at 4700 and the afr goes to 22 due to the mixture not being burned 

When sitting idling it will just stop as if the key was turned off   …. I’ve secured the battery terminals with interference screws

Map sensor gets signal at the manifold so… shouldn’t see any boost leaks 

recently replaced fuel pump and O2 sensor and it ran fine after these  

I can’t remember how to do a log… so please tell me and I’ll post one

ive tried to give as much info as I can… ask if you need more  

I dont see any tune or ecu related issues in the logs.  The lambda starts heading lean even before there are any obvious signs of misfire so I would start investigating the fuel system first.  A fuel pressure sensor would be a worthwhile investment to eliminate many possibilities.  

What fuel and injectors are you running?

1050 injectors   with am AEM 340 lph pump. sard regulator 43 psi

fuel is 98.

It seems to be getting worse the more I try to drive it.

ill change the fuel filter first as the pump isnt that old.....although ive has new pumps die in the past.

Thank you for your help

If you want lambda added to an existing time plot, have a look at the help page:  PCLink G4X User Manual > Logging Operating Procedures > Logging Views > Time Plot > Adding Parameters to the Time Plot.

You can be automatically taken to the correct page by clicking on your time plot then hitting the F1 key.

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

I would suggest putting a pressure sensor or even a temporary gauge on it to confirm it is a fuel supply issue before you go randomly replacing parts.  

Double check the fuel pressure as Adamw said. I have seen that happen with bad fuel tanks so it could be that but first try everything and check everything. 

I’ve bought the sensor today it’s a link sensor 

just need to know how to wire it in 

it has some pin info but where in my ecu do I wire it 

I have an expansion loom … can I have some advice please 

image.png.a948d2b6269a37f5aecbc39c28ec9b5f.png

Fitted a Nrw fuel pressure gauge. To the existing regulator 

it shows the pressure dropping when revving the the engine … from 40… to 10! 

changed regulator just in case it was that. Same with the second regulator 

so tank is Coming out to change pump 

You'll wire 0V/Ground and 5v to the appropriately labelled pins on the first expansion connector - the board should have the pins labelled as well.  The signal wire will need to run to an AN Volt pin - your EVO 1-3 Link plug in should have AN Volt 5 or 6 available on the first expansion as well.

Your tune is using AN Volt 2 for MAP but you have an onboard MAP sensor (AN Volt 1) - curious as to why you aren't using the onboard map sensor?  The original MAF wiring may have 5v, and ground next to that AN Volt 2 input also.