Evo1-3 G4+ oil light stays on when ignition off

Tom_s_e3

Hi so I have recently just finished a full rebuild of my Evo 3. I have built a completely new  electrical system from scratch including fuse box , chassis , interior loom and engine loom and am getting ready for my first start.

I have everything working as it should except the oil light.  I have wired the 12v+ to  10a fuse for IGN live for the powertune digital dash and all the other indicator lamps that require 12v IGN. The ground is wired to aux2 which is PIN 22 on the Evo PNP, this was originally used for AC clutch activation..

I had set it up as a GP output with 2 switch conditions 1 and 2 . rpm above 600rpm and gp limit oil pressure bellow 4.9 psi basically just to mimic the original oil idiot light to come on and off once engine is started.. I have tested this and it works as intended.. The issue is when I turn the ignition off the oil light stays on but it is very dim, even though it shows off on the aux2 runtime value.. I have managed to get it to stay off if I disconnect the mac boost controller which is connected to aux4 PIN 40 .. Is this a simple case of using a different output and just repin the oil light to a different aux ? The boost controller 12v is run off the enable relay which is controlled by the main RLY so am unsure if this is causing a back feed or not. Any help much appreciated 

22 minutes ago, koracing said:

Seems like you're getting some voltage backfeed through the mac solenoid.  Is it's power also supplied with switch 12v from the same source as the dash or ecu?

The boost solenoid is powered via the ignition relay  via a fuse which is switched on by the main relay.. The dash and indicator lights are from a separate IGN switch supply via a separate fuse box . The EML light and the oil pressure light share the exact same 12v feed and fuse as the dash and the EML works fine and is not on with IGN off like the oil pressure light 

If you switch the outputs for the EML (I'm not sure what EML is - Engine Malfunction Light?) and Oil Pressure does the problem stay with the output or move with the oil pressure function?  

BTW DIY TLAs FML TBH, LOL.

Either your boost valve or warning lamp 12V source is not switching off with ign, cant really tell which from your explanation.  The CE light wont stay on as that is connected to an injector drive which doesnt have a free-wheeling diode so wont backfeed even if live all the time. 

If you can attach a schematic of your wiring I can take a look.      

20 hours ago, Adamw said:

Either your boost valve or warning lamp 12V source is not switching off with ign, cant really tell which from your explanation.  The CE light wont stay on as that is connected to an injector drive which doesnt have a free-wheeling diode so wont backfeed even if live all the time. 

If you can attach a schematic of your wiring I can take a look.      

Hi Adam thanks I have attached a link to my wiring documents I have made and a few photos of my setup hope this helps 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/T9a7XzbA2wBZHz3h7

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qMTmTS329_3-XH8tiBB69vbRI_dqh3hN

7 hours ago, Adamw said:

The google drive link is restricted access, can you go back into the sharing settings and change the option to something like "anyone with link".

Hi sorry I have changed the settings thanks