CA18DET Trigger Setting

shorty_990

Hi there forum members,

i am currently working on a S13 CA18DET and trying to adapt the S13LinknECU to it.

Specs: everything stock excepting 

GT2860RS 

Deatschwerk 550 Low Impedance Injectors

3" Exhaust from Turbo hose

First of all, the engine is running, but way too rich because i dont know how to set up the DW550s as there is no information coming with the packaging. 

And also i tried to set up the ignition timing with my timing gun, but there is no chance to get the marks by setting 0 BTDC nearly to the readable location, when i set BTDC to -90 i can spot the marks exactly at the related spot, but however  i think thats because of a wrong OPTO 360 setting?

Right now i am using the default OPTO settings, do i need the widest slot ones?

Hope someone got experience with this and could help me out :)

regards

Tom 

With your low impedance injectors - are you retaining the OEM resistor pack?

When you say it is running - is that on the Link ecu or the stock ecu?

I've tuned a bit on one CA18DET I think - I'll have to check back through my history.

Just the normal "Nissan 360 Opto" should work with this engine.   I dont quite understand your statement about "0BTDC" etc in your post?

Just to make it clear, in the "set base timing" screen, you are meant to set the top box "lock timing to" to some timing value that you can easily see on your timing marks, most likely 0 or 10BTDC.   The CA18 timing marks look something like the pic below according to google, so I would probably choose to lock at 10BTDC in this case.  The 2nd box down is the offset, you adjust this until your 10deg mark on the pulley aligns with the pointer on the front cover.  The offset for most Nissan 360's is usually around -80 to -100, but some such as SR20's can be literally anything since the CAS can be stabbed in anywhere.  

For the fuel/richness, just adjust the master fuel value up or down should get you close enough to run reasonably.  

You also have the J1 jumper set to the S13 position right?

juZSNPw.png