g4x xtreme ecu with aim mxs strada dash

qwakers

try as i might i cant get any comms between my dash and ecu. ive made the cable as per instructions in the link dash video. ive programmed it per same, but i cannot get any data up on the dash. ie no rpm signal. can anyone help?

• qwakers changed the title to g4x xtreme ecu with aim mxs strada dash

im not sure. its been a few weeks since i looked at it. will look at it a bit later when im back in the workshop. but just for my peace of mind, does the ecu side look ok? if so i can concentrate on the dash side of the config.

You dont need the user stream, so your existing ecu CAN setup looks ok except I would change the transmit rate to 20Hz.  Also check that your ecu firmware is at least V5.6.6.3593, earlier versions wouldnt have the MXS stream.  

thankyou for all your help.

was getting nowhere yesterday and then suddenly the usb interface with the dash went dead so i called aim support who remoted in to my laptop and couldnt fix it. he concluded the dash is faulty so it is now on its way to their repair center. hopefully they can fix it. he also advised he can remote in and set it up for me when i get it back to ensure its all correct, so hopefully im good :D

will post back here with the result, as i know how annoying a thread like this is with no resolution.

• 3 weeks later...