SR20DET 1st Start

TCB91SX

Hello, 

Looking to see if someone can check my parameters and see if they notice anything amiss. The car will crank but will not fire. Coils fire when performing ignition test. Injectors fire when performing injector test. 

Details: 

- SR20DET Redtop 

-Wiring Specialties Harness 

-Link G4X plug in ECU 

Thank you for looking and any comments. 

Tom - Base Map.pclx PC Datalog - 2023-05-21 4;49;53 pm.llgx

You have no RPM when cranking, so its not happy with the trigger.  You can do a trigger scope while cranking to confirm but my first thought would be most likely the ADM/JDM dip switch is set to the incorrect option.  

Once you have RPM working then you will need to set base timing, try the offset around -100 as a starting point.  

That's not a factory trigger disc, looks like an AEM one or similar, 24 teeth no gap on Trigger 1 and 1 tooth on Trigger 2.

You'll need to change trigger setup something like the below and you will have to use a timing light to figure out the correct offsetimage.thumb.png.03f6458830ecb6e1de267a0b72d283de.pngde to multitooth with 

You're correct, I unplugged the CAS when pulling the cover. Plugged back in and captured another trigger scope 

TriggerScopeLog - New.llgx

RPM/Signal showed up. 

So to take base timing, I will need to start the car hopefully at the -100 offset then adjust from there with timing light ? 

PC Datalog - 2023-05-21 8;50;21 pm - CAS Plug in.llgx

Yeah try the offset suggested, and then you can either start the car, or insert a spark plug wire between cylinder 1 coil and the spark plug, attach the inductive clamp from a timing light to it, and then open the trigger calibration window in the software to fix the timing and then crank and see if you can match up the timing there.  Be sure to hit enter after changing any values in the trigger calibration window or it won't actually make the changes.

Fixed the fuel and got it to fire. First fired around -85 and so I worked my way down from there and ended up around -40. At -40 it will idle decent but I have to slightly depress the gas pedal this would make me think that I would need to adjust the master fuel setting. Anyone have input on master fuel setting for DW 740cc injectors ? Should I keep working my timing offset down until I can get a timing light on it ? 

Thanks everyone!!! 

1 hour ago, TCB91SX said:

1st time trying to start since the change in settings. Car acted like it wanted to fire then would crank. Log attached. 

Triggers, spark and fuel working, get a timing light on it and set the offset

1 hour ago, TCB91SX said:

Fixed the fuel and got it to fire. First fired around -85 and so I worked my way down from there and ended up around -40. At -40 it will idle decent but I have to slightly depress the gas pedal this would make me think that I would need to adjust the master fuel setting. Anyone have input on master fuel setting for DW 740cc injectors ? Should I keep working my timing offset down until I can get a timing light on it ? 

Thanks everyone!!! 

Are you arbitrarily changing the offset without using a timing light?  Tuning it by "ear"? Not using the wideband to correct fuel? What decade is this?

8 hours ago, koracing said:

Are you arbitrarily changing the offset without using a timing light?  Tuning it by "ear"? Not using the wideband to correct fuel? What decade is this?

I did so to get the car running then I can throw my timing light on it. I do also have a wideband set up which will be used to correct fuel... 

If you have a better recommendation for getting the car started or how to manipulate the offset prior to start I am open to listening.

Disable injectors - hook up timing light to a spark plug cable between the coil and the plug.  Pull all plugs but cylinder 1.  Spin motor and see where the timing mark is (this would require a helper or a way to engage the starter from the engine bay).  Adjust offset until it syncs up.  Reinstall everything and re-enable the injectors.  Fire the in the hole - you'll be either right on or need to subtract/add 360 to the offset.

I had a very similar chain of events happen to me today. Replacing the fuel pump and line that exploded tomorrow. In the meantime I want to configure a base map to get by with until I can have it tuned. I also have the same 740cc injectors and currently have MAF which I’m hoping to swap to MAP soon. Could you share your tune file so I can have a good starting point or point me in the right direction on settings to apply?