Knock Counter dip in logs Subaru WRX V8

Ming

What do you mean by "knock counter dips"?  The knock counter will just count up 1 every time the knock level exceeds the knock threshold.  It is dead flat with no dips in the picture you have attached.  

You are better to attach the actual log file and tune for any help in future, a picture rarely gives adequate info.  

I believe he's referring to the knock threshold and reported values intermittently going to zero.  Probably has something to do with TPS rate of change lockout or some other parameter locking out knock detection during that log.  Posting the actual log would be helpful to trouble shoot.

If you are in fact talking about the threshold dropping to zero and the threshold table doesnt have zeros in it, then you can view the "knock system status" runtime to see what is locking the system out. 

On 5/25/2023 at 10:25 PM, koracing said:

I believe he's referring to the knock threshold and reported values intermittently going to zero.  Probably has something to do with TPS rate of change lockout or some other parameter locking out knock detection during that log.  Posting the actual log would be helpful to trouble shoot.

yes this is what i meant. thanks for clarification.

On 5/26/2023 at 5:25 AM, Adamw said:

If you are in fact talking about the threshold dropping to zero and the threshold table doesnt have zeros in it, then you can view the "knock system status" runtime to see what is locking the system out. 

heres my log 

Every time the knock threshold drops out it says it's due to TPS Delta - this setting is on the Knock Setup window.  It seeems odd to me, however, that sometimes when the knock threshold isn't saying it's dropping out due to TPS delta, knock table level 4 and 2 are often dropping to zero.  I assume this may be due to the sampling rate of the PC log being on the slow side.  I would increase your TPS delta lockout first and see how the logs look after that.

2 minutes ago, koracing said:

Every time the knock threshold drops out it says it's due to TPS Delta - this setting is on the Knock Setup window.  It seeems odd to me, however, that sometimes when the knock threshold isn't saying it's dropping out due to TPS delta, knock table level 4 and 2 are often dropping to zero.  I assume this may be due to the sampling rate of the PC log being on the slow side.  I would increase your TPS delta lockout first and see how the logs look after that.

thanks i will try this first