gear detection issue

schmikel bays

hello i have a g4x plugin for 95 civic, i have tried to get the gear detection to work but have no luck i have the speed reading on link. i originally had it on the gp speed n had the cal set to match my actual speed and had the gear detection on user defined with no luck. i tried ecu calculated but no wheel speed was detected when trying to calibrate i then tried to use the LF wheel speed as the source with di4 as the speed source as that is where the speed signal comes from and no luck with that either the speed reads but no gear is detection with ecu calc or user defined with either speed source and gear detection mode set to rpm/speed I'm not sure where else to go i attached my tune file thanks for any info

1 D16 new tune.pclx

Gear Ratio table values aren't setup correctly, looks like they are explicit transmission ratios but aren't taking into account final drive or wheel diameter. If you take a PC log of a short drive that involves using all of the gears that should show you the required ratios in the 'Gear Ratio Calc.' runtime

16 hours ago, Vaughan said:

Gear Ratio table values aren't setup correctly, looks like they are explicit transmission ratios but aren't taking into account final drive or wheel diameter. If you take a PC log of a short drive that involves using all of the gears that should show you the required ratios in the 'Gear Ratio Calc.' runtime

Alrighty I will give that a try n report back, I thought that section was for actual ration not a number the ecu gives. Thanks I’ll let ya know what I find. 

7 hours ago, schmikel bays said:

I thought that section was for actual ration not a number the ecu gives

image.thumb.png.947a5959e52282c8d8381fc7814832f0.png

The ECU does all it's maths on the RPM / Driving Wheel Speed ratio which needs wheel diameter/circumference and final drive, theoretically settings for these could be added in the future to make the maths more complete, the Normalise ratio table setting can be used to alter the dispalyed ratios to make them look more the gearbox specific ratios.

2 hours ago, Vaughan said:

image.thumb.png.947a5959e52282c8d8381fc7814832f0.png

The ECU does all it's maths on the RPM / Driving Wheel Speed ratio which needs wheel diameter/circumference and final drive, theoretically settings for these could be added in the future to make the maths more complete, the Normalise ratio table setting can be used to alter the dispalyed ratios to make them look more the gearbox specific ratios.

Ahh alrighty, well I was able to get it to work logging 1-5 n set it to user defined with the correct numbers and it works! Thanks again for the response n always with the quickness!! 

On 5/30/2023 at 6:57 AM, Vaughan said:

the required ratios in the 'Gear Ratio Calc.' runtime

You have no idea what this just put me through. I checked some of my logs to find one with the ratio calc runtime to configure this.
But obviously there is always some minor changes in the ratio due to noise or logging update rate and the perfectionist in me wanted to calculate the ratio perfectly since I know my gear ratios and tyre size etc.

Turns out 14 years ago when I bought my "4.77:1" final gear they accidently sent me a 5.13:1 ratio and I never noticed until now hahaha.
That would explain 4000rpm in 5th at 100km/h. Bloody hell.