Evo 8 g4x setup

3vo

Hi all,

I am very new to tuning but trying to get my head around it.

I have just installed an evo 9 g4x into a evo 8 JDM. im having trouble getting it set up right with the fueling, so far, i have managed to get it idling somewhat alright but as soon as i blip the throttle on idle it seems to die, if i very slowly ease the throttle in it will rev but very rich.

the car has an exhaust, a cone filter and id1050s.

if anyone can take a look over the calibration and give any suggestions itd be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Mitsubishi EVO 9 7Bar PCB BH base 2.pclx PC Datalog - 2023-06-19 8;41;27 pm.llgx PC Datalog - 2023-06-19 8;44;38 pm.llgx

Looks like your closed loop lambda control is putting in the max-clamp amount (10%) extra fuel and yet still struggling to maintain stoich. As soon as you blip the throttle, it goes super lean - and the CLL correction disables based on your lockout conditions.

You can probably multiply your master fuel by 1.15 as a starting point to retest.

Also, if it were me, I'd give CLL more control authority - especially and/or at least while you are trying to get things in the ballpark. I'd simplify your min/max CLL control from 3D tables - and just use a simple scalar of ±20 or 25%.

Also noticed your acceleration compensation sensitivity is 10 at all engine speeds. That seems like a lot to me. I think you'll find yourself in the 4-5 zone at low RPM and 1-2 in the high RPM zone.

I think there's a problem with your map sensor.  When the engine stalls it takes several seconds for the map sensor to go to 0kpa and when you blip the throttle it's not changing the map reading.  There's a clog there or a pinched line most likely.  Make sure you only have a line running from the intake manifold plenum after the throttle body without any tee's or splits or shared uses before it gets to the ECU.

Massive thanks for the suggestions guys, in particular KO (would have taken me a very long time to sus this one out). It did in fact end up being a clogged MAP t-piece and filter, a lesson learnt there... I think the reduced response from the blocked MAP meant that it wasn't tracing or reaching the correct table values, hence going into max-clamp and running lean. I managed to go out and get some very leisurely part throttle runs to try and establish what needs work and how closely dialled in the fuel table is and managed to work out some effective changes. 

Mitsubishi EVO 8 Base 200623.pclx PC Datalog - 2023-06-20 6;10;33 pm.llgx

Looks mostly ok to me now.  Just no accel enrichment.  Put some non-zero values in your accel enrichment cold correction table, 1.0 at normal operating temp and 5ish at cold start temps as a starting point.